After Earth

Movies, Albums, Games, whatever. Tell us what you thought!
Minute
Sublime Prince of teh Royal Sekrut Strat

After Earth

Post by Minute » Tue Sep 17, 2013 5:06 pm

Considering the rating this got, I expected it to be really bad. It was only pretty bad. Boring. Lots of Will Smith's kid whining with an odd unnecessary accent. Predicted the entire movie from 2 minutes in. Was 100% meh.
Fallakin Kuvari wrote:Because laws that require voters to have an ID (Something they are required to have anyway) are bad.... :roll:

Alluveal
vagina boob

Re: After Earth

Post by Alluveal » Tue Sep 17, 2013 9:19 pm

I'm so over the Smiths. I just couldn't watch it. It will be one of those films that I watch on FX in 4 years when I am too lazy to move off the couch or change the channel or pick the half-cheetoh from my belly button. And even then, I'll probably catch if halfway through and only last through 1 commercial.

Taxious
Rum Guzzler

Post by Taxious » Wed Sep 18, 2013 9:46 am

I'm still mad I paid money for this pile. Kind of along the same lines as Minute though, I was expecting nothing and was pleasantly surprised at my own 2/10 score.
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipisicing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua.

Harlowe
Nubile nuptaphobics ftw

Post by Harlowe » Thu Sep 19, 2013 11:39 am

Lu is my entertainment twin, I am also WAY over the Smiths and couldn't bother myself to go see it. I'll catch it on Netflix or something.

Alluveal
vagina boob

Post by Alluveal » Fri Sep 20, 2013 4:22 pm

lol, Harlowe.

I seriously don't give one crap about the Smiths. Any of them. Will Smith was good in the "Happyness" movie and that is honestly the last thing I can think of that interested me.

I mean, the premise for After Earth didn't seem that bad, but ugh. It's more than the Hollywood nepotism, take-your-kid-to-work days thing because other actors/actresses have kids that are in movies and it doesn't bother me. Maybe it's that the Smiths are so in-your-face with that shit.

Maybe I'm getting old.

:)

Minute
Sublime Prince of teh Royal Sekrut Strat

Post by Minute » Fri Sep 20, 2013 6:50 pm

I'm a big Will Smith fan but I don't like his kid. He just comes off as a spoiled punk. And I know that kids try to be like their parents, but he tries TOO hard & mimics Will a little too much. Like he can't be his own self. Kid probably has a huge future in acting, but he's going to have to establish himself as someone other than Will 2.0
Fallakin Kuvari wrote:Because laws that require voters to have an ID (Something they are required to have anyway) are bad.... :roll: