The 4400

Movies, Albums, Games, whatever. Tell us what you thought!
Harlowe
Nubile nuptaphobics ftw

The 4400

Post by Harlowe » Mon Sep 16, 2013 7:06 am

I didn't watch this while it was broadcast, but all (4?) seasons are on Netflix now so while we had a rainy weekend, I've been doing a mini-marathon of it in-between my Song of Ice & Fire reading sessions.

I like it, it's an interesting premise and good characters - though it does have the typical-boring teen angst you always see tossed into series to make sure they are hitting on all demographics - but along with the main storyline, there seems to be a new character/mini story each episode, which keeps it fresh. Summer Glau is in it (2,3 & 4th season), kind of typecast if you ask me, but still fun to see her!

It's worthy of a stuck-inside TV watching at least while you're doing laundry!

Minute
Sublime Prince of teh Royal Sekrut Strat

Re: The 4400

Post by Minute » Mon Sep 16, 2013 9:06 am

Show had so much potential. It aired, then got cancelled, then came back for a few good seasons, then got silly & cancelled again. Probably worth a watch though if you have nothing else. It seems like these super power shows are cursed by bad writing. The platform is easy. People are interested in super powered people, but as Heroes proved, that isn't enough. You have to have some good story to go with it. I wish HBO, Showtime, or AMC would do one so it wouldn't suck.
Fallakin Kuvari wrote:Because laws that require voters to have an ID (Something they are required to have anyway) are bad.... :roll:

Alluveal
vagina boob

Post by Alluveal » Tue Sep 17, 2013 9:23 pm

I remember watching that. I don't remember if I got through the first season or not, but it wasn't because I hated it. It might have been that I was being lazy about Netflix disks and something else caught my attention.

I remember thinking it was interesting.

Fallakin Kuvari
Rabid-Boy

Post by Fallakin Kuvari » Fri Sep 20, 2013 7:35 am

Seeing a new post about this show made me think it came back...

I was highly disappointed. :(
Warlord Fallakin Kuvari - 85 Wood Elf Warrior, Brell Serilis forever.
Grandmaster Nikallaf Kuvari - 70 Iksar Monk.