Random Access Memories (Daft Punk)

Movies, Albums, Games, whatever. Tell us what you thought!
Partha
Reading is fundamental!!!1!!

Random Access Memories (Daft Punk)

Post by Partha » Sat May 18, 2013 11:41 am

1) This is fucking genius.

2) I cannot stop listening.

3) They have made me enjoy disco. What. The. Fuck.
Well, it’s the Super-Monroe Doctrine: “Get off our oil, people who dress funny!” - M. Bouffant

"You're a bad captain, Zarde. People like you only learn by being touched, and hard. And you will greatly disapprove of where these men put their hands." - M. Vanderbeam.

Minute
Sublime Prince of teh Royal Sekrut Strat

Re: Random Access Memories (Daft Punk)

Post by Minute » Sat May 18, 2013 4:51 pm

Disagree. I was very disappointed in it. Brilliant marketing though. They had 1 song on the album that was a great example of their music. Get Lucky. The rest were very different & I don't think an improvement. Doin' It Right was decent & minus the talking Giorgio was ok. The rest really just lacked the energy that DP are capable of providing. Granted I am sure some of my disappointment is a direct result of over-hype but to that you can refer to my first point. Had they not released Get Lucky early I wouldn't have expected the entire album to be like that.

All in all, I'm glad they made a new album. It just should have been better considering the wait time.
Fallakin Kuvari wrote:Because laws that require voters to have an ID (Something they are required to have anyway) are bad.... :roll:

Partha
Reading is fundamental!!!1!!

Post by Partha » Sat May 18, 2013 7:05 pm

You think maybe that was also an artifact of it being a loose concept album rather than a bunch of singles? Also, I'm not a 'dance floor' guy (unless you mean, 'has the size of a dance floor'), so I gravitate more towards stuff like 'Digital Love' and 'Voyager'.

I also enjoyed the 'live music' aspect of it, too, it's 180 degrees from the SUPER SAMPLE MASH that seems to be in vogue.
Well, it’s the Super-Monroe Doctrine: “Get off our oil, people who dress funny!” - M. Bouffant

"You're a bad captain, Zarde. People like you only learn by being touched, and hard. And you will greatly disapprove of where these men put their hands." - M. Vanderbeam.

Minute

Post by Minute » Sun May 19, 2013 1:59 am

Fallakin Kuvari wrote:Because laws that require voters to have an ID (Something they are required to have anyway) are bad.... :roll:

Taxious
Rum Guzzler

Post by Taxious » Thu May 23, 2013 8:47 am

Minute, that video is awesome. Get Lucky is definitely the best song on the album. I listened to it twice over yesterday and it was really the only song that stuck out to me.
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipisicing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua.

Minute

Post by Minute » Thu May 23, 2013 4:33 pm

Taxious wrote:Minute, that video is awesome. Get Lucky is definitely the best song on the album. I listened to it twice over yesterday and it was really the only song that stuck out to me.
w3rd. I dig "Doin' It Right" too. I pre-ordered the CD & Daft Punk has been so good to me over the years that I don't regret throwing them some bank, but in all honesty I feel a little duped. They released Get Lucky early & I feel that it was a very poor representation of the album as a whole. Oh wellz. Guess we'll see if they can poop out another one before 9 years goes by.

Harlowe
Nubile nuptaphobics ftw

Post by Harlowe » Thu May 23, 2013 5:09 pm

Get Lucky is a freaky-good Summer outside-in-the-Sun song.

(I know it's "up all night to get lucky" but it feels like Summer to me)

Fallakin Kuvari
Rabid-Boy

Post by Fallakin Kuvari » Fri May 24, 2013 7:06 am

Get Lucky stood out the most for sure, but I thought the whole CD was pretty good (for white noise while working).
Warlord Fallakin Kuvari - 85 Wood Elf Warrior, Brell Serilis forever.
Grandmaster Nikallaf Kuvari - 70 Iksar Monk.

Taxious
Rum Guzzler

Post by Taxious » Thu Jun 06, 2013 4:08 pm

I love kinetic typography, this is a decent one:
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipisicing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua.

Taxious
Rum Guzzler

Post by Taxious » Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:17 am

Wow, I love this. Evolution of music types with one song:

Minute

Post by Minute » Thu Sep 05, 2013 3:03 pm

This is better than the original. Starts off kinda hipsterish but starts rockin soon.

Taxious
Rum Guzzler

Post by Taxious » Thu Sep 05, 2013 4:35 pm

Nice one Minute.

Here is a League of Legends parody one that is pretty high quality. (Minute and others, are you ever going to join us playing this game??)

Harlowe
Nubile nuptaphobics ftw

Post by Harlowe » Thu Sep 05, 2013 6:14 pm

Minute that was SOOOO good!

Minute

Post by Minute » Thu Sep 05, 2013 9:54 pm

Harlowe wrote:Minute that was SOOOO good!
w3rd!

Harlowe
Nubile nuptaphobics ftw

Post by Harlowe » Thu Sep 05, 2013 9:57 pm

You can get that cover song for free from Itunes - it's listed under a podcast - and it's just that song.