Macklemore

Movies, Albums, Games, whatever. Tell us what you thought!
Freecare Spiritwise
Grand Pontificator

Macklemore

Post by Freecare Spiritwise » Fri Apr 05, 2013 4:22 pm

Love this guy. Talented, white rappers are in short supply:

He even raps for gay rights.

There's even a kick-ass parody of Thrift Shop.

Alluveal
vagina boob

Re: Macklemore

Post by Alluveal » Fri Apr 05, 2013 8:51 pm

That pot parody made me LOL a few times today.

Freecare Spiritwise
Grand Pontificator

Post by Freecare Spiritwise » Fri Apr 05, 2013 9:06 pm

That and the barking cat video just gave me a great attitude today, and I was hella productive.

Alluveal
vagina boob

Post by Alluveal » Fri Apr 05, 2013 11:29 pm

I loved that barking cat.

And this funny gif....

Freecare Spiritwise
Grand Pontificator

Post by Freecare Spiritwise » Sat Apr 06, 2013 1:11 am

I hadn't seen that GIF. Haha nice. My wife even liked the pot shop video. I really want an MP3 of it. I refuse to install iTunes but I noticed Amazon has it. I need to figure out how to score the MP3 without having to install a bunch of crap. Amazon is my friend, but that doesn't mean I want their luggage in my house.

Minute
Sublime Prince of teh Royal Sekrut Strat

Post by Minute » Sat Apr 06, 2013 2:23 am

You didn't link the best one. Currently one of my favorites on my workout list.

Fallakin Kuvari wrote:Because laws that require voters to have an ID (Something they are required to have anyway) are bad.... :roll:

Minute

Post by Minute » Sat Apr 06, 2013 2:25 am

What I think is most impressive is that he did it without selling out. No label lets him stay honest. He's pretty impressive all around.
Fallakin Kuvari wrote:Because laws that require voters to have an ID (Something they are required to have anyway) are bad.... :roll:

Freecare Spiritwise
Grand Pontificator

Post by Freecare Spiritwise » Sat Apr 06, 2013 11:42 am

Minute wrote:What I think is most impressive is that he did it without selling out. No label lets him stay honest. He's pretty impressive all around.
Totally. He's a great talent. This is the kind of scenario that has the labels scared shitless. Most of their argument has been "sure people make music without labels, but not the kind of music people want to hear." But it's happening more and more, and with comedians and Indie films too. We don't need the gatekeepers anymore. It's a great time to be a fan, too.

Minute

Post by Minute » Sat Apr 06, 2013 2:55 pm

Freecare Spiritwise wrote:
Minute wrote:What I think is most impressive is that he did it without selling out. No label lets him stay honest. He's pretty impressive all around.
Totally. He's a great talent. This is the kind of scenario that has the labels scared shitless. Most of their argument has been "sure people make music without labels, but not the kind of music people want to hear." But it's happening more and more, and with comedians and Indie films too. We don't need the gatekeepers anymore. It's a great time to be a fan, too.
w3rd & considering their insane % of the take maybe we can start getting some prices on media & shows at a reasonable rate. Now we just need them to take a stand against Rapey Rapist Raper Ticketmaster. Pearl Jam tried back in the 90's but the rest of the pussies (mostly because of Universal) wouldn't get with them so they failed.

Freecare Spiritwise
Grand Pontificator

Post by Freecare Spiritwise » Sun Apr 07, 2013 12:22 am

I believe that EA barely edged out Ticketmaster for #1 most hated company this year.

Minute

Post by Minute » Sun Apr 07, 2013 5:45 pm

I heard Can't Hold Us on the radio today... still good but for some reason I always hate radio edits. I mean the actual song is only 4.5 minutes, why can't we just get that? They had to do this new break down & cut short part of the black dudes solo towards the end. Makes me angry on the inside.

Taxious
Rum Guzzler

Post by Taxious » Mon Apr 22, 2013 9:15 pm

I love the idea that record labels are fading out. Better music, better prices, less 3rd party bureaucracy. Also, Macklemore rocks!
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipisicing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua.