Breaking Bad

Movies, Albums, Games, whatever. Tell us what you thought!
Embar Angylwrath
President: Rsak Fan Club

Breaking Bad

Post by Embar Angylwrath » Tue Mar 17, 2009 2:10 pm

How in the hell I missed the first seaon, I have no idea. Its on AMC, and I caught the first two episodes on my DVR oon a whim. This is on par with HBO-type series. Its absollutely phenomenal.
Correction Mr. President, I DID build this, and please give Lurker a hug, we wouldn't want to damage his self-esteem.

Embar
Alarius

Minute
Sublime Prince of teh Royal Sekrut Strat

Re: Breaking Bad

Post by Minute » Wed Mar 18, 2009 12:23 am

LOL funny you posted this. I saw something last week that said it got a new season and I hadn't even heard of it, so I figured well if it got a 2nd season it might be worth checking out... WOW. First episode... pretty badass. 2nd episode, wowza... 3rd episode HOLY FUCKING SHIT MAN!!! And it seems to be maintaining the appeal. I'm caught up on it now and still enjoying it. Definitely agree with Embar, watch it.
Fallakin Kuvari wrote:Because laws that require voters to have an ID (Something they are required to have anyway) are bad.... :roll:

Jarochai Alabaster
The Original Crayola Cleric

Post by Jarochai Alabaster » Wed Mar 18, 2009 1:29 am

Thanks for reminding me I need to go watch ep2 of s2!

A friend introduced me to the show a few months back. I marathoned s1 over two days. Fucking incredible, and seeing Malcolm's dad in that role definitely gives the actor credit for the range he can play.
"I find it elevating and exhilarating to discover that we live in a universe which permits the evolution of molecular machines as intricate and subtle as we."
-Carl Sagan

Alluveal
vagina boob

Post by Alluveal » Wed Mar 18, 2009 10:02 am

I've wanted to watch it, but have a friend whose life was ruined by meth. So, I'm kind of on the fence because it seems like it glamorizes cooking the shit. Maybe not. Maybe someone can answer that for me.

Embar Angylwrath
President: Rsak Fan Club

Post by Embar Angylwrath » Wed Mar 18, 2009 10:31 am

Alluveal wrote:I've wanted to watch it, but have a friend whose life was ruined by meth. So, I'm kind of on the fence because it seems like it glamorizes cooking the shit. Maybe not. Maybe someone can answer that for me.
It definately doesn't glamorize it. In fact, the more the protagonists get involved with it, the more shit they get themselves into.
Correction Mr. President, I DID build this, and please give Lurker a hug, we wouldn't want to damage his self-esteem.

Embar
Alarius

Jarochai Alabaster
The Original Crayola Cleric

Post by Jarochai Alabaster » Wed Mar 18, 2009 11:26 pm

It definately doesn't glamorize it.
True fucking story.
"I find it elevating and exhilarating to discover that we live in a universe which permits the evolution of molecular machines as intricate and subtle as we."
-Carl Sagan

Minute

Post by Minute » Thu Mar 19, 2009 1:09 am

I'd like to classify the show into something but really it doesn't have much else that compares. I will say that there seems to be a running theme of MacGyver type instances only specific to chemistry. Sticky situations solved with chemistry in a magic way no one knew could happen. Something along those lines. But it has several storylines going. Like the introduction of the sisters shoplifting habit, and the super rich successful off partner who's wife apparently had history, ect. Anyway, all in all it looks like it is gonna be pretty damn good show, and now that it's grabbing some attention they will probably throw some more money at it. Which could mean even more goodness.
Fallakin Kuvari wrote:Because laws that require voters to have an ID (Something they are required to have anyway) are bad.... :roll:

Freecare Spiritwise
Grand Pontificator

Post by Freecare Spiritwise » Tue Jun 08, 2010 3:27 pm

Sorry for the necro bump - sue me ;)

I came late to the party for this show too. I've only been watching it for a few months but I've seen every episode and man, this is the best show on television IMHO.

I woke my wife up Sunday night watching the season 3 ender on the DVR. I can't remember the last time I yelled "HOLY SHIT" at the top of my lungs while watching TV. Shows are normally so predictable but not this one.

I fucking love this show. I don't watch much TV (House and NCIS with the wife - that's about it) but Breaking Bad is something I refuse to miss an episode of.

Can't wait for season 4 to start!

Taxious
Rum Guzzler

Post by Taxious » Tue Jun 08, 2010 3:38 pm

I started watching this a couple months ago and love it too. Apart from the recent episode (with the fly) I've always felt pretty satisfied after watching. I'm only watching (aka downloading the next day) Breaking Bad, Stargate Universe, and Glee right now, so I wouldn't say I'm much a heavy TV viewer either. This show rocks though!
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipisicing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua.

Freecare Spiritwise
Grand Pontificator

Post by Freecare Spiritwise » Tue Jun 08, 2010 5:37 pm

Yeah, the fly episode sucked. I thought maybe the show was slipping but it went right back to being good so I forgive them.

There's a web site just for the attorney lol. He's awesome. I love that line from the show "No, no, you don't want a criminal attorney, you want a CRIMINAL attorney" lol.

http://www.bettercallsaul.com/

Minute

Post by Minute » Wed Jun 09, 2010 3:49 am

LOL Awesome. Yeah I have to say Saul is one of my favorite characters & agreed props to them on the last episode. I too thought it was slippin a bit but WOW. Mr. White is stone cold badass yo!

Taxious
Rum Guzzler

Post by Taxious » Wed Jun 09, 2010 8:57 am

Freecare Spiritwise wrote:http://www.bettercallsaul.com/
haha that's cool they did that.

PS: Mrs. White bugs the shit out of me.
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipisicing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua.

Freecare Spiritwise
Grand Pontificator

Post by Freecare Spiritwise » Wed Jun 09, 2010 11:21 am

I thought the last episode was the season ender but there's one more!

I was watching the preview on amctv.com and it looks badass. The last episode was called "half measures" and the new one is called "full measures" !

Yeah, Mr. White is the shit. They've really been giving the Jesse character some depth too. And agreed, Skyler bugs me.

Taxious
Rum Guzzler

Post by Taxious » Wed Jun 09, 2010 1:13 pm

Freecare Spiritwise wrote:I was watching the preview on amctv.com and it looks badass. The last episode was called "half measures" and the new one is called "full measures" !
ho-ly-shit! I just finished the latest episode from last Sunday. "full measures" to come indeed!

Freecare Spiritwise
Grand Pontificator

Post by Freecare Spiritwise » Wed Jun 09, 2010 2:17 pm

Yeah, I sure didn't see THAT coming. Wow. I heart Breaking Bad.

Check out the sneak peek for "full measures" on amctv.com too. It looks awesome.

Taxious
Rum Guzzler

Post by Taxious » Wed Jun 09, 2010 2:58 pm

Freecare Spiritwise wrote:Yeah, I sure didn't see THAT coming. Wow. I heart Breaking Bad.

Check out the sneak peek for "full measures" on amctv.com too. It looks awesome.
Yeah my jaw actually dropped at the end of half measures. Just watched preview for next week, interesting. I love that thug guy that does the dirty work for them.

calleagh
Grand Master Architecht

Post by calleagh » Wed Jun 09, 2010 4:02 pm

Taxious wrote:
Freecare Spiritwise wrote:Yeah, I sure didn't see THAT coming. Wow. I heart Breaking Bad.

Yeah my jaw actually dropped at the end of half measures. Just watched preview for next week, interesting. I love that thug guy that does the dirty work for them.

lol i jumped when walt fired the gun. it was so unexpected! and yeah skyler needs to just stfu. her and her stupid sister get on my last nerve.
calleagh

Taxious
Rum Guzzler

Post by Taxious » Tue Jun 15, 2010 9:20 am

Wow season finale was interesting... sucks for the lab assistant guy!

Taxious
Rum Guzzler

Post by Taxious » Tue Jul 19, 2011 11:15 am

Wow anyone start watching the new season that started 7/17??? First episode was crazy, I love this show!

Freecare Spiritwise
Grand Pontificator

Post by Freecare Spiritwise » Wed Jul 20, 2011 12:28 pm

Great episode. Actually a little predictable but it was so well done that it had the awesome meter pegged.

Wired Magazine: Primer for the New Season of Breaking Bad
http://www.wired.com/magazine/2011/06/p ... eakingbad/