No Country for Old Men

Movies, Albums, Games, whatever. Tell us what you thought!
calleagh
Grand Master Architecht

Re: No Country for Old Men

Post by calleagh » Wed Mar 19, 2008 10:30 am

omg walrus just STFU. with every word you write you confirm my belief that you are, quite possibly, the stupidest person i have seen on this board yet. even turdy makes more sense than you do.

oh and if you think that anyone here is impressed by your scholarly acheivements, think again. so you are a lawyer. big fucking deal. we get these enormous roaches here in the south; i mean they are huge. that is what i think of when i think of lawyers. actually people like you help to perpetuate the belief that all lawyers are without morals, scruples, or ethics. having said that the only thing left to say is don't you have an ambulance to chase or something?

i saw the movie a second time. ironically, he still sucked.
calleagh

Alluveal
vagina boob

Post by Alluveal » Wed Mar 19, 2008 11:30 am

I haven't seen it, yet. I want to. And I don't think he'll suck. I'm gonna like him just to be opposite of Calleagh, because I'm cool.

:)

calleagh
Grand Master Architecht

Post by calleagh » Wed Mar 19, 2008 11:54 am

OOOOHHHH lulu i love it when you are cool!!

/swoon
calleagh

Harlowe
Nubile nuptaphobics ftw

Post by Harlowe » Wed Mar 19, 2008 12:03 pm

I knew Walrus would come back and and cyber-piss his pants.

WAHHHHH!! NO YOU ARE THE LOSER WAHHHH!! I'm going to attack your avatar too WAHHHH!! You're such a big, fucking sissy it's embarrassing. Sorry to say, there isn't a thing a sad little poser like you could say that would register. YOU'RE OLD AND LONELY AND FAT AND WAHHHHHH YOU PROBABLY HAVE AN UGLY BOYFRIEND WAHHH! :lol:

You kick and scream like a little girl. Grow some stones man. You fight like a girl.

superwalrus
kNight of the Sun (oxymoron)

Post by superwalrus » Wed Mar 19, 2008 2:57 pm

harlowe, I hope you realize that every person that has read this thread, and while they are probably on "your" side, they see that you are one of the biggest hypocrits on the internet. Your entire argument is this "zOMG! you are stupid and you are a cry baby!" Every single one of your posts has been nothing but pissing and moaning, so grow up. And I attacked your avatar to make a point, that your personal attacks make you appear stupid and inarticulate. Thank you for confirming every thing I think about you. You said you were surprised I was a lawyer, I'm surprised you've managed to make it this far without dying. It really is a credit to our society that we can support invalids such as yourself.

Please make an argument, any argument so it at least forces me to think about what I want to say in reply, so far its been nothing but massive ad hominems.

Walrus

Embar Angylwrath
President: Rsak Fan Club

Post by Embar Angylwrath » Wed Mar 19, 2008 3:23 pm

superwalrus wrote:harlowe, I hope you realize that every person that has read this thread, and while they are probably on "your" side, they see that you are one of the biggest hypocrits on the internet. Your entire argument is this "zOMG! you are stupid and you are a cry baby!" Every single one of your posts has been nothing but pissing and moaning, so grow up. And I attacked your avatar to make a point, that your personal attacks make you appear stupid and inarticulate. Thank you for confirming every thing I think about you. You said you were surprised I was a lawyer, I'm surprised you've managed to make it this far without dying. It really is a credit to our society that we can support invalids such as yourself.

Please make an argument, any argument so it at least forces me to think about what I want to say in reply, so far its been nothing but massive ad hominems.

Walrus
How about this? How many people that particiapte on this board did you speak with, in order to support your position that

"I hope you realize that every person that has read this thread, and while they are probably on "your" side, they see that you are one of the biggest hypocrits on the internet."

In other words, what "evidence" do you have to support your assertion that everyone here thinks "Harlowe is one the biggest hypocrits on the internet." But I do see you've got those important lawyer skills of baseless accusation and talking out your ass honed to fine degree.
Correction Mr. President, I DID build this, and please give Lurker a hug, we wouldn't want to damage his self-esteem.

Embar
Alarius

Rsak
Soverign Grand Postmaster General

Post by Rsak » Wed Mar 19, 2008 3:29 pm

Delivering Profound Point #1739.
Umm.. its a fucking internet rant board. Everyone is by merely posting here belong in the bIgG3st hyp0crite of the intranets!!~ category.

Move along and continue the flames just like everyone else.

Harlowe
Nubile nuptaphobics ftw

Post by Harlowe » Wed Mar 19, 2008 3:37 pm

I do believe Walrus is harboring a severe case of butthurt because he got run over by the Cuntwagon. :lol:

Ariannda Kusanagi
WTB New Title

Post by Ariannda Kusanagi » Thu Mar 20, 2008 6:31 am

Very nice Harlowe !

I hate to say I saw the movie just because of this thread, so I wont. It's only partly true anyway. However I didn't like the movie. I thought the whole thing was pointless, there was zero character development ANYWHERE and at the end of the day all TLJ did was sit around and tell anecdotes. He didn't catch the bad guy, he didn't warn the good guy, he didn't intercept the money ....

However I thought Babel was one of the worst movies I ever saw as well, and it won a ton of awards. Maybe I should stop watching TEH WINNERS !
Ariannda, in every game its Ariannda !
Babymage !©
Arch Magus of 70 long ass seasons - RETIRED
Battle tag Ariannda #1491

We know what happens to people who stay in the middle of the road. They get run over.

Arkaron
50 Helens Agree: Necros > All

Post by Arkaron » Thu Apr 03, 2008 3:40 am

Having let the film "sit" for a while since my first viewing:

It's interesting (and totally within character) that Chigur offs Lewellen's girlfriend because Lewellen never gave him the case back. He says to her before she dies that Lewellen had a chance to save her, which suggest that in fact there is a right action upheld in the film's narrative. I'm not sure how well that jives with "life sucks, then you die" but perhaps I should watch it again.

Harlowe
Nubile nuptaphobics ftw

Post by Harlowe » Thu Apr 03, 2008 5:21 pm

Arkaron wrote:Having let the film "sit" for a while since my first viewing:

It's interesting (and totally within character) that Chigur offs Lewellen's girlfriend because Lewellen never gave him the case back. He says to her before she dies that Lewellen had a chance to save her, which suggest that in fact there is a right action upheld in the film's narrative. I'm not sure how well that jives with "life sucks, then you die" but perhaps I should watch it again.

I think you are getting it honestly. I've heard the story called "a profound meditation on the battle of between good and evil and the roles choice and chance play in shaping ones life". The book did have A LOT more of Sheriff Bell in it (some say too much of Bell's monologue) but I thought the movie captured him decently. He was definintly more of a focal point in the book, but the story is the same.

I think it's a far cry from a "life sucks, then you die" tale of nihilism. His stories are always intense and melancholy, there is often hardship and bloodshed. There is almost always both good and bad in his endings.

Maybe I'm not seeing the "life sucks" in it because I can't watch the movie and take it as it's own piece, I know what the story is so I watch it from the perspective of having a lot of background information and dialogue that isn't there.

Alluveal
vagina boob

Post by Alluveal » Thu Apr 03, 2008 8:00 pm

Dude, it's the Coen brothers. Fargo wasn't depressing? Blood Simple wasn't depressing? They can depress you with the skill and power of a thousand Debbie Downer pills (but in a good, entertaining way!)

It's in my Netflix. I need to get through Jericho season 1 and Lost season 3 before it hits.