No Country for Old Men

Movies, Albums, Games, whatever. Tell us what you thought!
calleagh
Grand Master Architecht

No Country for Old Men

Post by calleagh » Wed Mar 12, 2008 11:15 pm

tommie lee jones does a great job as a small town sheriff somewhere in texas. overall the movie was good, although whoever played the psycho guy was so-so. it was good right up until the most suckass ending ever. i sat there in disbelief and gratitude that i didnt shell out 8 dollars to see at theater. oh.....woody harrelson had a brief performance as a sort of private investigator for a drug cartel and, as usual, he was outstanding.
calleagh

Arkaron
50 Helens Agree: Necros > All

Re: No Country for Old Men

Post by Arkaron » Thu Mar 13, 2008 1:57 am

This is probably my favorite Tommy Lee Jones movie. I also loved the "coin toss" rationale at the end.

superwalrus
kNight of the Sun (oxymoron)

Post by superwalrus » Thu Mar 13, 2008 2:06 am

you think the bad guy was "so so"? did we watch the same movie? Tommy Lee Jones was the worst actor of all those involved (although he was still good) yet you loved him in this?

Please, do me a favor and don't watch the same movies as me anymore.

Its sad to me that this person started this review... in fact I'm going to make my own review of this movie.

Walrus

Garrdor
Damnit Jim!

Post by Garrdor » Thu Mar 13, 2008 7:00 am

Tommy Lee Jones is good at playing those old cops/retired cops/etc... RIGHT?

Bizarre typecasts FTW.
Didn't your mama ever tell you not to tango with a carrot?

calleagh
Grand Master Architecht

Post by calleagh » Thu Mar 13, 2008 10:52 am

superwalrus wrote:you think the bad guy was "so so"? did we watch the same movie? Tommy Lee Jones was the worst actor of all those involved (although he was still good) yet you loved him in this?

Please, do me a favor and don't watch the same movies as me anymore.

Its sad to me that this person started this review... in fact I'm going to make my own review of this movie.

Walrus
obviously we have a difference of opinion. i didn't like the bad guy's character developement, no. so fucking what? i'm allowed to have my own opinion just as you but your post says differently. tell me...is being an asshole an acquired skill or were you just born with it....like a hump on your back or something. inquiring minds wanna know.
calleagh

Ariannda Kusanagi
WTB New Title

Post by Ariannda Kusanagi » Thu Mar 13, 2008 3:20 pm

calleagh wrote: tell me...is being an asshole an acquired skill or were you just born with it....like a hump on your back or something. inquiring minds wanna know.

HAHA
Ariannda, in every game its Ariannda !
Babymage !©
Arch Magus of 70 long ass seasons - RETIRED
Battle tag Ariannda #1491

We know what happens to people who stay in the middle of the road. They get run over.

Harlowe
Nubile nuptaphobics ftw

Post by Harlowe » Thu Mar 13, 2008 3:54 pm

Jesus Walrus, that sounds like a fucking 12 year old wrote that.

Calleagh you do assholes around the world a disfavor by linking him to them. This wasn't someone being an asshole, this was someone being a complete whiny little child. It was a pissy foot-stomp.

ETA: Regarding this movie, I loved the movie and all the performances. No surprise though, the critics have been spooging themselves over it for months.

superwalrus

Post by superwalrus » Thu Mar 13, 2008 4:48 pm

woah. I guess the cunt wagon is in full force today.

Calleagh, my opinion of your opinion is that it is an awful opinion. Fair enough?

When I saw No Country for Old Men in the theater right as it got done some women behind me said "nice pick fellas, next time the ladies are going to pick." When I heard that I lost all faith in women for a very long time.

The bad guy in the movie did an amazing job, his character was spectacular. If you can't see this then there is something deeply wrong with you. Did you go to college?

Walrus

Select
VP: Rsak Fan Club

Post by Select » Thu Mar 13, 2008 5:42 pm

When I saw No Country for Old Men in the theater right as it got done some women behind me said "nice pick fellas, next time the ladies are going to pick." When I heard that I lost all faith in women for a very long time.
^What in the fuck?
When I heard that I lost all faith in women for a very long time.
Double 'what in the fuck' just for the way it's worded.
woah. I guess the cunt wagon is in full force today.
^Anyone else seeing serial killer potential with all the wymenz h8?
Walrus, tell me, did mommy sleep around?

superwalrus

Post by superwalrus » Thu Mar 13, 2008 6:34 pm

lol this thread has become a stereotype.

Walrus

Taxious
Rum Guzzler

Post by Taxious » Thu Mar 13, 2008 6:48 pm

superwalrus wrote:woah. I guess the cunt wagon is in full force today.
Sorry, but that totally made me laugh.

I've heard nothing but good things about this movie but still have no idea what it's about. I'll probably end up renting it at mcdonalds for $1 some day.
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipisicing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua.

Bahd Zoolander
Grand Inspector Inquisitor Commander

Post by Bahd Zoolander » Thu Mar 13, 2008 8:35 pm

I thought the bad guy rocked, and obviously my opinion > your opinion. ;)
Bahd Zoolander - Transcendent - On Vacation

Harlowe
Nubile nuptaphobics ftw

Post by Harlowe » Thu Mar 13, 2008 8:49 pm

I imagine after that post Walrus crushed a beer can against his head. There is no way in hell this guy is a lawyer. He writes like a middle-school child and says the most asinine, illogical things (besides proving what a pathological liar he is). I'VE HAD EVERY BEER IN THE WORLD!

Arkaron
50 Helens Agree: Necros > All

Post by Arkaron » Fri Mar 14, 2008 1:36 am

like a hump on your back or something. inquiring minds wanna know.
Maybe it's part of the big lawyer brain.

Strangely, I went to see this movie with a man. He didn't like it nearly as much as I did. /shrug

calleagh
Grand Master Architecht

Post by calleagh » Fri Mar 14, 2008 5:38 am

superwalrus wrote:woah. I guess the cunt wagon is in full force today.

Calleagh, my opinion of your opinion is that it is an awful opinion. Fair enough?

The bad guy in the movie did an amazing job, his character was spectacular. If you can't see this then there is something deeply wrong with you. Did you go to college?

Walrus
omfg because i don't care for an actor there is something deeply wrong with me? wtf planet do you live on? you know i've always heard it's impossible to have a battle of wits with an unarmed opponent. you are proving this correct. do us all a favor and go back to douchebagia or wherever the fuck you are from.

apparently you can't read either. i said i liked the movie until the end. <spoiler incoming>

the movie didn't end; it just stopped. that was my major problem with it.

cuntwagon?? ROFLMAO! that is always the misogynist's last stand, isnt it? when you can't make any kind of coherent statement you just insult someone's gender. i guess i was supposed to cry or something but honestly keep it coming. i can really use the entertainment that you have provided me.

as far as my education goes, i don't see where that is germaine to the conversation but i am very well educated while you, sir, are an ignorant, no sense havin, woman-hating, whiny little knuckledragging freak.
calleagh

Minute
Sublime Prince of teh Royal Sekrut Strat

Post by Minute » Sat Mar 15, 2008 2:15 am

The movie didn't follow the standard script, but sort of set itself up like it was. I think this is what threw a lot of people off. I personally think it was one of the very few movies in the last decade that could justify people calling movie making an art. The entire cast, even down to the country bumpkin girlfriend did an amazing job. The storyline and the directors ability to successfully shift focus points throughout the movie was stellar.

The hero you are rooting for dies. You hate to love the bad guy. And you're stopped by phrases that really make your ticker tick.

I loved it. Best movie of the year hands down.

Oh and P.S. Calleagh, Harlowe, and Select should all get in the kitchen and make me a pie.
Fallakin Kuvari wrote:Because laws that require voters to have an ID (Something they are required to have anyway) are bad.... :roll:

Taxious
Rum Guzzler

Post by Taxious » Sat Mar 15, 2008 9:37 am

Minute wrote:Oh and P.S. Calleagh, Harlowe, and Select should all get in the kitchen and make me a pie.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

How did Ariannda get off scott free?
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipisicing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua.

Bahd Zoolander
Grand Inspector Inquisitor Commander

Post by Bahd Zoolander » Sat Mar 15, 2008 12:40 pm

Taxious wrote:
Minute wrote:Oh and P.S. Calleagh, Harlowe, and Select should all get in the kitchen and make me a pie.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

How did Ariannda get off scott free?
Would you really eat a pie that she made? You're a brave brave man.
Bahd Zoolander - Transcendent - On Vacation

Select
VP: Rsak Fan Club

Post by Select » Sat Mar 15, 2008 3:08 pm

Oh and P.S. Calleagh, Harlowe, and Select should all get in the kitchen and make me a pie.
How do you like your arsenic?

Embar Angylwrath
President: Rsak Fan Club

Post by Embar Angylwrath » Sat Mar 15, 2008 4:25 pm

superwalrus wrote:I lost all faith in women for a very long time.

Walrus
I'm betting the feeling is mutual.
Correction Mr. President, I DID build this, and please give Lurker a hug, we wouldn't want to damage his self-esteem.

Embar
Alarius