Miers Nomination Withdrawn

Dumbass pinko-nazi-neoconservative-hippy-capitalists.
Klast Brell
Sublime Prince of teh Royal Sekrut Strat

Miers Nomination Withdrawn

Post by Klast Brell » Thu Oct 27, 2005 7:30 am

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/co ... 00547.html
"It is clear that senators would not be satisfied until they gained access to internal documents concerning advice provided during her tenure at the White House -- disclosures that would undermine a president's ability to receive candid counsel," Bush said. "Harriet Miers' decision demonstrates her deep respect for this essential aspect of the constitutional separation of powers -- and confirms my deep respect and admiration for her."
Oh well. Rather than seeing the Republican Party at war with itself and one conservative justice recused every time the Bush Whitehouse got dragged in to the SC the Miers nomination was withdrawn. The funny part is that the democrats were ready to vote for her. The republicans still loyal to the president were ready to vote for her. She would have been confirmed.
Any guesses on the type of person nominated next?
Will it be a white male?
How much of a judicial record will they have?

Trollbait

Post by Trollbait » Thu Oct 27, 2005 7:32 am

Thank Jesus

Arathena
kNight of the Sun (oxymoron)

Post by Arathena » Thu Oct 27, 2005 9:59 am

Excellent. On to phase two - Male WASP not-conservative candidate.
Archfiend Arathena Sa`Riik
Poison Arrow

SicTimMitchell
E Pluribus Sputum

Post by SicTimMitchell » Thu Oct 27, 2005 10:09 am

Buzz has been that Miers would be withdrawn for a Borklet (or better yet, Bork himself,) for about a week now.

I thought it was bullshit.

IMO, most bullshit rumor right now is that McCain would replace Cheney if he's forced to resign. It makes the tiniest bit of sense on the surface, until you ask yourself "What the fuck's in it for McCain?"
Bangzoom
94 Ranger of Karana
Veteran Crew, through and through

Trollbait

Post by Trollbait » Thu Oct 27, 2005 10:43 am

IMO, most bullshit rumor right now is that McCain would replace Cheney if he's forced to resign. It makes the tiniest bit of sense on the surface, until you ask yourself "What the fuck's in it for McCain?"

The mythical "gravitas" my friend. The gravitas....

SicTimMitchell
E Pluribus Sputum

Post by SicTimMitchell » Thu Oct 27, 2005 10:58 am

Yeah, but that would be Gerald Ford gravitas. :lol:

But really, I don't think Cheney will be indicted. Although the FBI interviewing all the Wilsons' neighbors at the last minute, to see if they knew what the Mrs. did (they apparently didn't) could be a bad sign. (Anticipating and eliminating other possible sources.)

My favorite part now: Neos taking the side of the NYT and Time Magazine. C'mon, that's funny.
Bangzoom
94 Ranger of Karana
Veteran Crew, through and through

Partha
Reading is fundamental!!!1!!

Re:

Post by Partha » Thu Oct 27, 2005 12:21 pm

What's in it for McCain? It's the closest the party would let him get to the White House. Him and 'his' illigitimate black child. :wink:

As far as Miers goes, now we'll see them nominate a zealot like Luttig.

Trollbait

Post by Trollbait » Thu Oct 27, 2005 1:28 pm

Partha wrote:SUPREME, EH!!!!!!!? SHADY SHRUB ONLY WANTS LIBERIA FOR THE OIL! THE TRUTH IS AT LATINOVEGANSFORFREEMONEY.ORG!!!!! COME ON!!!! YOU UNDERSTAND, WHEN THE RAMBOS SAY "IN GOD WE TRUST," THEY REALLY MEAN "OIL"!!!! WHEN THEY SAY "CHRISTIAN VALUES," UNLESS I'M CRAZY IT IS JUST A CODE WORD FOR "OCCUPATION"!!

Preach it, Brother.

Syeni Soulslasher MK6
Master ad V1t4m

Post by Syeni Soulslasher MK6 » Thu Oct 27, 2005 1:43 pm

Trollbait wrote:
Partha wrote:SUPREME, EH!!!!!!!? SHADY SHRUB ONLY WANTS LIBERIA FOR THE OIL! THE TRUTH IS AT LATINOVEGANSFORFREEMONEY.ORG!!!!! COME ON!!!! YOU UNDERSTAND, WHEN THE RAMBOS SAY "IN GOD WE TRUST," THEY REALLY MEAN "OIL"!!!! WHEN THEY SAY "CHRISTIAN VALUES," UNLESS I'M CRAZY IT IS JUST A CODE WORD FOR "OCCUPATION"!!

Preach it, Brother.
What makes you say Brother!!? Newt Gingrich!? Sean Gleeson!!!? As everybody knows, I can't tell one antichoice, conservative bagman for the Vatican from the other! Evangelicals!

JamiesanTGrauerwolf
Patriarch N0achite

Post by JamiesanTGrauerwolf » Thu Oct 27, 2005 1:48 pm

Someone needs a moonbat upside the head. Or a couple of someones.