Syria

Dumbass pinko-nazi-neoconservative-hippy-capitalists.
Harlowe
Nubile nuptaphobics ftw

Re: Syria

Post by Harlowe » Mon May 13, 2013 11:43 am

It just shows how easy it is for a party to completely manipulate your narrative. You aren't focusing on real issues, you are focusing on their spin. It's depressing how in sync you are with Fox News.

Embar Angylwrath
President: Rsak Fan Club

Post by Embar Angylwrath » Mon May 13, 2013 11:58 am

My question was a simple yes/no. Your response shows you are either willfully ignorant of the unfolding events, or you are knee-jerk defensive of the Obama administration.

It was ABC that broke the news, not Fox. USA Today had a scathing editorial. Politico and TheHill. Hell, even Jon Stewert weighed in on it. Now Carney, just today, blames the politicization of Benghazi on Romney.

Anyway, you obviously haven't read much about this, or if you did, don't comprehend the fact the administration was much more involved in the shaping of the talking points than was previously stated. There was a real, deliberate attempt to protect the State Dept.'s reputation, regardless of the reral truth on the ground. Do you REALLY think the Admin beleived this was just a movie review gone bad?

For your reading, if you want to come up to speed on this and quit blaming the Reps.

http://thehill.com/blogs/global-affairs ... ing-points

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/worl ... s/2150103/

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics/20 ... eferences/

http://www.commentarymagazine.com/2012/ ... istencies/
Correction Mr. President, I DID build this, and please give Lurker a hug, we wouldn't want to damage his self-esteem.

Embar
Alarius

Harlowe
Nubile nuptaphobics ftw

Post by Harlowe » Mon May 13, 2013 2:54 pm

You conveniently leave out other people calling you out. How about you respond to Ddrak's posts.

Also, how about you read a snarky but informative piece from Wonkette on how we responded to attacks like these in the past, when they weren't used for political sport.

http://wonkette.com/516093/how-did-we-r ... d-them-all

Ddrak
Save a Koala, deport an Australian

Post by Ddrak » Mon May 13, 2013 3:48 pm

There is understandably confusion in the world community (Russia, Turkey, Israel, etc.) by the US's non-response to the use of the weapons.
I don't think there's any confusion at all. The world community seems quite at ease with the continued hands-off approach the US has taken and sees the minor and inconclusive reports of WMD use as nothing approaching the intent of Obama's statement.

The world community is actually far more pragmatic than assuming the US will go all Desert Storm on Syria because of some off-hand comments. They probably expect that a bit more of Israel (who *is* causing confusion), but not the US.

Dd

Fallakin Kuvari
Rabid-Boy

Post by Fallakin Kuvari » Mon May 13, 2013 6:57 pm

Harlowe wrote:It just shows how easy it is for a party to completely manipulate your narrative. You aren't focusing on real issues, you are focusing on their spin. It's depressing how in sync you are with Fox News.
This made me chuckle SO HARD.
Warlord Fallakin Kuvari - 85 Wood Elf Warrior, Brell Serilis forever.
Grandmaster Nikallaf Kuvari - 70 Iksar Monk.

MeGusta
Intendant of teh Building

Post by MeGusta » Tue May 14, 2013 5:48 am

Harlowe,

You seem woefully under informed about the Benghazi. Even staunch progressive columnists are critical of this administrations handling of the issue. It remains to be seen what the motivations were for the deliberate lies delivered to the American people.

I am a progressive and I want answers as well.

Add to this the IRS scandal and the just reported DoJ scandal and this administration begins to look decidedly dysfunctional if not criminal.
Devout believers are safeguarded in a high degree against the risk of certain neurotic illnesses; their acceptance of the universal neurosis spares them the task of constructing a personal one. ~Sigmund Freud

Embar Angylwrath

Post by Embar Angylwrath » Tue May 14, 2013 11:23 am

Harlowe wrote:You conveniently leave out other people calling you out. How about you respond to Ddrak's posts.
What?

Go back a page and you'll see my response to Dd. Between my response to him and your post, there was nothing else from him. Is your selective reading on Benghazi extending to this forum as well?
Correction Mr. President, I DID build this, and please give Lurker a hug, we wouldn't want to damage his self-esteem.

Embar
Alarius

Partha
Reading is fundamental!!!1!!

Post by Partha » Tue May 14, 2013 6:39 pm

No one disagrees that it's a bad thing people died in Benghazi. Everyone agrees that at a lower level than SecState, warnings were marginalized. Everyone agrees that the military couldn't have ridden to the rescue.

So what you're bitching about is what they put into a press release, when it comes to Benghazi. Press releases and vague language are now what the right wing calls an impeachable offense.

This is why Republicans fail.
Well, it’s the Super-Monroe Doctrine: “Get off our oil, people who dress funny!” - M. Bouffant

"You're a bad captain, Zarde. People like you only learn by being touched, and hard. And you will greatly disapprove of where these men put their hands." - M. Vanderbeam.

Harlowe
Nubile nuptaphobics ftw

Post by Harlowe » Wed May 15, 2013 9:51 am

I actually missed your response Embar so, yep, my bad.

Might want to check out the latest that has been coming out.

http://firstread.nbcnews.com/_news/2013 ... icted?lite

And yep, agree with Partha.

Embar Angylwrath

Post by Embar Angylwrath » Wed May 15, 2013 10:17 am

Yeah, saw that yesterday. Selective editting of the email. Not good.

Embar
Alarius

Embar Angylwrath

Post by Embar Angylwrath » Thu May 16, 2013 10:06 am

http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/new ... 24603.html
The documents, first reported by THE WEEKLY STANDARD in articles here and here, directly contradict claims by White House press secretary Jay Carney and Secretary of State Hillary Clinton that the revisions of those talking points were driven by the intelligence community and show heavy input from top Obama administration officials, particularly those at the State Department.
In other words folks, Carney and Clinton lied directly to the American people.

Embar
Alarius

Partha

Post by Partha » Thu May 16, 2013 2:32 pm

I wonder how well the GOP thinks it will do with minorities as they watch them throw any kind of shit to the wall to try and get it to stick to Obama.

I'm loving watching them get more and more desperate to seal their minority.
Well, it’s the Super-Monroe Doctrine: “Get off our oil, people who dress funny!” - M. Bouffant

"You're a bad captain, Zarde. People like you only learn by being touched, and hard. And you will greatly disapprove of where these men put their hands." - M. Vanderbeam.

Kulaf
Soverign Grand Postmaster General

Post by Kulaf » Thu May 16, 2013 6:06 pm

Partha wrote:I wonder how well the GOP thinks it will do with minorities as they watch them throw any kind of shit to the wall to try and get it to stick to Obama.

Oh you mean just like when they tried to lose the white vote when they tossed "any kind of shit to the wall to try to get it to stick to Clinton"? Nice of you to once again play the race card though. It's been at least what.......2 maybe 3 days.

Ddrak

Post by Ddrak » Fri May 17, 2013 3:28 am

Embar Angylwrath wrote:In other words folks, Carney and Clinton lied directly to the American people.
By toning down language following an attack? Really? Sounds like prudent politics to me.

I wouldn't be trusting Hayes as impartial either, just FYI. Do you really find it shocking a set of emails cherrypicked by the GOP and passed through several GOP-controlled media houses into a GOP leaning blog that's pumped by Dick Cheney turns out with "breaking scandalz, reported here f1rst!!!"? The funny part is that pretty much no one in the US cares, and of the ones that do, half don't even know where Benghazi is.

In the meantime, let's check with the GOP's up to... oh yeah: Voting to repeal Obamacare for the 37th time. Clearly the better choice.

Dd

Harlowe
Nubile nuptaphobics ftw

Post by Harlowe » Fri May 17, 2013 7:05 am

Doing away with overtime pay is another of their causes du jour.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-250_162-575 ... -overtime/

Partha

Post by Partha » Fri May 17, 2013 1:36 pm

Kulaf wrote:
Partha wrote:I wonder how well the GOP thinks it will do with minorities as they watch them throw any kind of shit to the wall to try and get it to stick to Obama.

Oh you mean just like when they tried to lose the white vote when they tossed "any kind of shit to the wall to try to get it to stick to Clinton"? Nice of you to once again play the race card though. It's been at least what.......2 maybe 3 days.
I can't help it you guys get all raging whacko at the thought of President Hussein Obama X, Kenyan usurper of American values.

Kulaf
Soverign Grand Postmaster General

Post by Kulaf » Fri May 17, 2013 1:52 pm

Partha wrote:
Kulaf wrote:

I can't help it you guys get all raging whacko at the thought of President Hussein Obama X, Kenyan usurper of American values.
If "you guys" includes me......it includes you. I think we both voted for the man. At least I did, and I assume you are not one of the libs who complains but never actually votes.

Ddrak

Post by Ddrak » Fri May 17, 2013 6:10 pm

Partha wrote:I can't help it you guys get all raging whacko at the thought of President Hussein Obama X, Kenyan usurper of American values.
You gotta admit he's the most successful 4-1-9 scammer in history!

Dd

Embar Angylwrath

Post by Embar Angylwrath » Wed May 22, 2013 3:00 pm

Harlowe wrote:Doing away with overtime pay is another of their causes du jour.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-250_162-575 ... -overtime/
It doesn't do away with anything Harlowe, it opens up other options. Its the same cost to the company, either way.

And I hope you aren't buying Pelosi's bullshit about it destroying the 40 hour work week. If someone is getting overtime, they are working over 40 hours anyway.

Embar
Alarius

Ddrak

Post by Ddrak » Thu May 23, 2013 3:17 am

I strongly believe if someone is *required* to work more than 40 hours (or 38 over here), then they should get overtime. If they are *requested* to and have the option to refuse then time off in lieu is good.

Dd