PC nerds - From Select

91.3% uncensored free-for-all (see, no false advertising here)
Alluveal
vagina boob

Re: PC nerds - From Select

Post by Alluveal » Wed Apr 11, 2012 4:06 pm

Ariannda Kusanagi wrote:I dont think she vowed never to post again, she just said she couldn't post because she couldn't access her password... and ive hardly been the psycho one around lately
dude, sentences are your friend (grin)

Harlowe
Nubile nuptaphobics ftw

Post by Harlowe » Wed Apr 11, 2012 7:38 pm

IIRC someone told the board she vowed never to post again (besides the comment in this thread)....unless that person was confusing Select with Trollbait/Jecks. She never flounced off, I know that.

Freecare Spiritwise
Grand Pontificator

Post by Freecare Spiritwise » Wed Apr 11, 2012 10:45 pm

She told me she never stormed off. She told me she said something like "I think I'll go outside for some fresh air" and just never came back. Though I'm still disappointed in the community to this day for nobody calling the person out who said something like "Select needs to be punched in the face". But she took that comment with class, where I didn't. Wait, wasn't that Minute who said that that? /brain damage. He's grown on me too over the years. Either way, I've always been against over-moderation, but I do think there should be a line somewhere. I guess though I'd rather see under-moderation than over-moderation.

And I've always admired strong women. I definitely would put her in that category (along with a few here). I'm glad I saw her post on FB one day and said "hmmm is that select?"

Alluveal
vagina boob

Post by Alluveal » Wed Apr 11, 2012 11:16 pm

Does anyone ever wonder WTF we're still doing on this board?

And yet, I keep poking in a few times a week. You all are like net crack only without the stank.

Freecare Spiritwise
Grand Pontificator

Post by Freecare Spiritwise » Wed Apr 11, 2012 11:35 pm

Alluveal wrote:Does anyone ever wonder WTF we're still doing on this board?
Only every time I'm here haha. I guess one reason is a few people here like Harlowe who won't friend us on Facebook /eye

Maybe another reason is that we all had this "band of brothers" moment in time that most of our "real life" friends can't relate to. If I try to explain any of my EQ days to a "normal" person, I can watch their eyes glaze over. I stopped trying.

Ddrak
Save a Koala, deport an Australian

Post by Ddrak » Thu Apr 12, 2012 2:52 am

Freecare Spiritwise wrote:Maybe another reason is that we all had this "band of brothers" moment in time that most of our "real life" friends can't relate to. If I try to explain any of my EQ days to a "normal" person, I can watch their eyes glaze over. I stopped trying.
This. :)

Dd

Partha
Reading is fundamental!!!1!!

Post by Partha » Thu Apr 12, 2012 5:39 am

I'm still here waiting for that free beer is all.
Well, it’s the Super-Monroe Doctrine: “Get off our oil, people who dress funny!” - M. Bouffant

"You're a bad captain, Zarde. People like you only learn by being touched, and hard. And you will greatly disapprove of where these men put their hands." - M. Vanderbeam.

Taxious
Rum Guzzler

Post by Taxious » Thu Apr 12, 2012 10:36 am

Freecare Spiritwise wrote:I'm still disappointed in the community to this day for nobody calling the person out who said something like "Select needs to be punched in the face".
Um... I'm pretty sure everyone said that to her in one way or another (even Dd!) except for maybe you?
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipisicing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua.

Freecare Spiritwise
Grand Pontificator

Post by Freecare Spiritwise » Thu Apr 12, 2012 12:18 pm

Taxious wrote:
Freecare Spiritwise wrote:I'm still disappointed in the community to this day for nobody calling the person out who said something like "Select needs to be punched in the face".
Um... I'm pretty sure everyone said that to her in one way or another (even Dd!) except for maybe you?
Haha, maybe so. And she insists she deserved that kind of treatment /boggle. Maybe I missed a lot of those conversations where she had some harsh treatment coming. But I still don't think that anyone should be punched, kicked or otherwise hurt or maimed. I used to get punched, kicked, swept and thrown just about every day with our full contact sparring - no pads. I've been knocked unconscious a few times. People talk so casually about violence, but it's a serious thing. And 99% of the time if violence is happening then it's usually the result of your poor choices. It's nothing to be proud of. The more we used to practice beating the holy fuck out of each other, the less desire we had to see that happen for reals. Practicing violence made me a pacifist. It's no answer, and I still contend that threatening someone with it is a sure sign of a small mind. I probably didn't put that very well, but that's my quick .02 /shrug.

Harlowe
Nubile nuptaphobics ftw

Post by Harlowe » Thu Apr 12, 2012 1:36 pm

Actually Tax, I actually don't think anyone else has said anything remotely threatening or violent towards her (that I recall). We don't spar that way here. Just the normal back and forth, arguing, jabbing and snark.

Freecare Spiritwise
Grand Pontificator

Post by Freecare Spiritwise » Thu Apr 12, 2012 1:46 pm

I'm a big believer in self defense. The purpose of practice is so that you don't have to do that for reals. And at least in this case, size doesn't matter. A 90 pound woman can put a 250 pound brute on his ass, and take her time calling 911 :)

But yeah, I've always enjoyed the verbal sparring too. Snarky is in my DNA. Practice makes perfect, right? Or is that "perfect practice makes perfect"?

Harlowe
Nubile nuptaphobics ftw

Post by Harlowe » Thu Apr 12, 2012 3:03 pm

Oops, one too many "actually". :shock:

Garrdor
Damnit Jim!

Post by Garrdor » Thu Apr 12, 2012 10:45 pm

She SELECTed the right choice.

I just hope she's doing OK healthwise, with that MS shit. Scary stuff. Im concerned about my fellow brellians, would like to know how she's doing.
Didn't your mama ever tell you not to tango with a carrot?

Kulaf
Soverign Grand Postmaster General

Post by Kulaf » Fri Apr 13, 2012 3:07 am

Alluveal wrote:Does anyone ever wonder WTF we're still doing on this board?

And yet, I keep poking in a few times a week. You all are like net crack only without the stank.
We all cut our MMO teeth on a game where trust was a paramount issue. I can still remember the days of corpse runs and no corpse dragging or cross zone resing and having to /consent another person to allow them to loot all of your items and hope that they brought them all back. I remember helping out a lot of people who got squashed by the HG in West Karana and could not even find their body. I had to use the old Bard corpse song just to find them and then bring all of their stuff back.

Getting to high level in EQ usually meant you not only were a good player, but you worked and played well with others. Those kind of ties are hard to find in MMO's now. I can't think of a person who posts here who I wouldn't want to share a beer with. Ok well some of you I might want to pour it over year head *cough*Partha*cough*, but I would still share it with you. :twisted:

Harlowe
Nubile nuptaphobics ftw

Post by Harlowe » Fri Apr 13, 2012 9:18 am

Totally agree Kulaf. It was no small committment of time and trust playing this game.

Xican
Grand Inspector Inquisitor Commander

Post by Xican » Fri Apr 13, 2012 12:46 pm

Actually Tax, I actually don't think anyone else has said anything remotely threatening or violent towards her (that I recall). We don't spar that way here. Just the normal back and forth, arguing, jabbing and snark.
If we looked back, I'd wager I probably made numerous comments of a violent nature toward Select. None of which were really threatening remarks, but certainly the kind of 'Die in a fire' type comments. Those were pretty common around here for quite a while. They certainly aren't threats or suggestions of violence on her person, but comments of that nature were certainly not 'rare'.

I can't recall anyone ever saying they intended to punch her in the face, but I wouldn't be surprised if there was an off-the-cuff; 'Someone should slap her' type comment.

As for the us still being here thing - Not only is it the EQ shared experience, but I also see this place as a means of information. We've got a community with an extremely diverse background, that can supply information on a wide variety of topics. We also share a lot of similar interests in terms of reading, games, movies/TV, etc. It just makes sense that we'd continue to visit here.
"If beer has never touched your lips, you've never dropped the mitts or packed a dip, chances are you're not a hockey player, and if you are -- chances are you're not a very good one"
-Todd Bertuzzi

Freecare Spiritwise
Grand Pontificator

Post by Freecare Spiritwise » Fri Apr 13, 2012 2:21 pm

Everyone matures as they get older. If there were a "maturity level indicator" for the site then I'd say the indicator light has been in the " pointed up" position for a while now. Some of the posters here have started as punk kids and grown into productive, mature adults. So there's that.

Me personally, I try my best (hopefully with at least some success) to follow the golden rule in all things. I don't always succeed, but I always try. Well, except when I fail at trying. Not for some dogma or because someone tells me I have to or else. I don't have to do shit. It's just because I try not to disappoint the people who believed in me and helped me succeed. Not just family. I'm a high school dropout who was lucky to land a job as a temp file clerk at a large insurance company. I was practically living in my barely running, non-legally-registered car when I started there. And there I had some good mentors who not only taught me about the business world. They taught me about life and how to succeed in general. Whatever your definition of success is, it's right there for the taking if you have the proper attitude. And I guess in some ways people can fake it too. You can have a bad attitude and at least play the game of outwardly showing a good attitude. But when you truly have a good attitude, the whole universe just opens up in front of you. And to me refraining from suggesting that anyone be punched in the face is part of that. But that's just me, and I don't put that on anyone else. Whatever floats your boat.

So yeah, just a few thoughts on a semi-relaxing Friday.

Garrdor
Damnit Jim!

Post by Garrdor » Sat Apr 14, 2012 7:31 pm

Freecare Spiritwise wrote:Everyone matures as they get older. If there were a "maturity level indicator" for the site then I'd say the indicator light has been in the " pointed up" position for a while now. Some of the posters here have started as punk kids and grown into productive, mature adults. So there's that.

Me personally, I try my best (hopefully with at least some success) to follow the golden rule in all things. I don't always succeed, but I always try. Well, except when I fail at trying. Not for some dogma or because someone tells me I have to or else. I don't have to do shit. It's just because I try not to disappoint the people who believed in me and helped me succeed. Not just family. I'm a high school dropout who was lucky to land a job as a temp file clerk at a large insurance company. I was practically living in my barely running, non-legally-registered car when I started there. And there I had some good mentors who not only taught me about the business world. They taught me about life and how to succeed in general. Whatever your definition of success is, it's right there for the taking if you have the proper attitude. And I guess in some ways people can fake it too. You can have a bad attitude and at least play the game of outwardly showing a good attitude. But when you truly have a good attitude, the whole universe just opens up in front of you. And to me refraining from suggesting that anyone be punched in the face is part of that. But that's just me, and I don't put that on anyone else. Whatever floats your boat.

So yeah, just a few thoughts on a semi-relaxing Friday.
I am neither productive nor mature :(

I used to whine about mom not bringing me my El Monterey bean burritos to my computer for me.
Now I whine about unemployment, politics, and lack of access to female genitalia.
Didn't your mama ever tell you not to tango with a carrot?

Turaylon Soulshadow
Finder of lost things

Post by Turaylon Soulshadow » Wed Apr 18, 2012 5:25 am

Freecare Spiritwise wrote: Select needs to be punched in the face
Quoting out of context because it will be hilarious in 2 years.
I'd like to see things from your point of view but I can't get my head that far up my ass.

xilly
Knight of the sWordz

Post by xilly » Tue Apr 24, 2012 6:56 am

As a guy who dated her for almost 3 years, I can certainly understand that quote. :lol:

All kidding aside though, I hope she's doing well. She shows up from time to time in my suggested friends (from her email being in my address book still) on FB/Linkedin/Twitter, but I've never tried to talk to her despite her phone number still being burned in my brain.
Reviews Editor - Frontburnr | Twitter