PC nerds - From Select

91.3% uncensored free-for-all (see, no false advertising here)
Ariannda Kusanagi
WTB New Title

PC nerds - From Select

Post by Ariannda Kusanagi » Mon Apr 09, 2012 11:39 am

Select is unable to locate her password atm and she asked me to forward this message on Rants (and included an explination why ZOMG)

This is in regards to a new computer I'm finally building (been 7 years!) with my tax return. :3 I value their opinions when it comes to tech.

Please let them know I hope everyone has been life-catastrophe free. :) Thank you! And thank them for me!

Here are four I'm looking at. I'm using it for gaming and animating, likely some Maya, Photoshop, and Flash stuff. I'll have 2-3 monitors, one being my old Cintiq. I run a million tabs at a time (I'm getting better about that). I have not kept up with tech like I probably should be, so little details in these things are beyond me.

What do you think is best? I can maybe swing the pricey hex core one, but if current general compatibility is limited & the quad core is such a better deal I would be crazy to pass it up, I can go with the quad core.

1) Intel Core i7-3930K Sandy Bridge-E 3.2GHz (3.8GHz Turbo) LGA 2011 130W Six-Core Desktop Processor BX80619i73930K

2) Intel Core i7-2700K Sandy Bridge 3.5GHz (3.9GHz Turbo) LGA 1155 95W Quad-Core Desktop Processor Intel HD Graphics 3000 BX80623i72700K

3) Intel Core i7-2600K Sandy Bridge 3.4GHz (3.8GHz Turbo Boost) LGA 1155 95W Quad-Core Desktop Processor Intel HD Graphics 3000 BX80623I72600K

4) Intel Core i7-3820 Sandy Bridge-E 3.6GHz (3.8GHz Turbo Boost) LGA 2011 130W Quad-Core Desktop Processor BX80619i73820

The general Newegg pages:

Quad Page: http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductLi ... agesize=20

Hex Page: http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductLi ... ageSize=20

some of her links aren't opening in a paste from my email to here but i have them if requested =D
Ariannda, in every game its Ariannda !
Babymage !©
Arch Magus of 70 long ass seasons - RETIRED
Battle tag Ariannda #1491

We know what happens to people who stay in the middle of the road. They get run over.

Taxious
Rum Guzzler

Re: PC nerds - From Select

Post by Taxious » Mon Apr 09, 2012 1:12 pm

Crazy woman Select vows never to come on brellrants again, has crazy woman Ariannda post for her.
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipisicing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua.

Freecare Spiritwise
Grand Pontificator

Post by Freecare Spiritwise » Mon Apr 09, 2012 1:32 pm

At least when I vowed never to return, I had a near death experience that made me re-evaluate my entire life, which included the happiness I got from interacting with the few people here I actually like :)

Alluveal
vagina boob

Post by Alluveal » Mon Apr 09, 2012 4:46 pm

And Crazy woman Alluveal comes to mock everyone.

Jarochai Alabaster
The Original Crayola Cleric

Post by Jarochai Alabaster » Mon Apr 09, 2012 4:58 pm

Crazy man Jaro prances through the topic!
"I find it elevating and exhilarating to discover that we live in a universe which permits the evolution of molecular machines as intricate and subtle as we."
-Carl Sagan

Ddrak
Save a Koala, deport an Australian

Post by Ddrak » Mon Apr 09, 2012 5:04 pm

Tell her to email me (jw@chase.net.au) and I can fix the password thing, or she can reset it herself if the email she registered with still works.

And... the cheapest of those she listed is best value for money. Not a huge advantage of hex over quad.

Dd

Fallakin Kuvari
Rabid-Boy

Post by Fallakin Kuvari » Mon Apr 09, 2012 10:18 pm

The 2600k rocks, I don't really see the point in spending more money than what that one costs.
Warlord Fallakin Kuvari - 85 Wood Elf Warrior, Brell Serilis forever.
Grandmaster Nikallaf Kuvari - 70 Iksar Monk.

Minute
Sublime Prince of teh Royal Sekrut Strat

Post by Minute » Tue Apr 10, 2012 1:52 am

Who the fuck is Select? P.S. I vow to never post here again.
Fallakin Kuvari wrote:Because laws that require voters to have an ID (Something they are required to have anyway) are bad.... :roll:

Harlowe
Nubile nuptaphobics ftw

Post by Harlowe » Tue Apr 10, 2012 8:41 am

Never again!

Xican
Grand Inspector Inquisitor Commander

Post by Xican » Tue Apr 10, 2012 2:29 pm

Select vowed to never post here again?

Shit! I missed that?
"If beer has never touched your lips, you've never dropped the mitts or packed a dip, chances are you're not a hockey player, and if you are -- chances are you're not a very good one"
-Todd Bertuzzi

Fallakin Kuvari
Rabid-Boy

Post by Fallakin Kuvari » Tue Apr 10, 2012 10:46 pm

That was a giant blow up about 2-3 years ago now?
Warlord Fallakin Kuvari - 85 Wood Elf Warrior, Brell Serilis forever.
Grandmaster Nikallaf Kuvari - 70 Iksar Monk.

Freecare Spiritwise
Grand Pontificator

Post by Freecare Spiritwise » Wed Apr 11, 2012 1:12 am

I've always thought fondly of her.

Harlowe
Nubile nuptaphobics ftw

Post by Harlowe » Wed Apr 11, 2012 7:57 am

I enjoyed Select, my fondest MS Paint projects were inspired by her. Which are forever gone, because they were all on that iVillage photo storage site (Ripside) and that guy screwed over everyone. The site was down for months and they were still taking the monthly fee's from people (I think it was $3-$4 for me for the size of storage I had). The only reason I hadn't moved my crap was because it had been on there for 4 years and was just too much to be bothered with and yet not super important.

Xican
Grand Inspector Inquisitor Commander

Post by Xican » Wed Apr 11, 2012 8:01 am

Either I just don't give rat's ass and didn't bother to remember it, or I somehow missed this 'giant blow up'. Eitherway, links?
"If beer has never touched your lips, you've never dropped the mitts or packed a dip, chances are you're not a hockey player, and if you are -- chances are you're not a very good one"
-Todd Bertuzzi

Harlowe
Nubile nuptaphobics ftw

Post by Harlowe » Wed Apr 11, 2012 8:05 am

You could probably just click on Select's profile and look at whatever the last posts she made were.

ETA: well I looked and I didn't see anything where she stomped off, she was posting in 2010, just normal stuff. Maybe it's something she said in private to someone.

Alluveal
vagina boob

Post by Alluveal » Wed Apr 11, 2012 9:38 am

I like Select. I like her a lot! I'd love for her to come back. I was going through some scary health stuff and she was very supportive. Maybe she annoyed people years ago. I dunno. I wasn't exactly a bright, shiny, sunny beam of love and light during my early EQ years. I made stupid mistakes. I own them. Not saying she was as much of a dumbass as I was, but we all change and grow. We've been around for a long-ass time. Hell, Garrdor was what? 14? 15? When he first started playing EQ? Now he's a grown up. I bet he's even had sex, too.

Taxious
Rum Guzzler

Post by Taxious » Wed Apr 11, 2012 9:43 am

I doubt anyone would ostracize her at this point. She did produce some very entertaining board drama years ago though!
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipisicing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua.

Ddrak
Save a Koala, deport an Australian

Post by Ddrak » Wed Apr 11, 2012 10:59 am

Hell, Garrdor was what? 14? 15? When he first started playing EQ? Now he's a grown up. I bet he's even had sex, too.
Hairpull finally said yes?

Dd

Garrdor
Damnit Jim!

Post by Garrdor » Wed Apr 11, 2012 12:16 pm

Alluveal wrote:I like Select. I like her a lot! I'd love for her to come back. I was going through some scary health stuff and she was very supportive. Maybe she annoyed people years ago. I dunno. I wasn't exactly a bright, shiny, sunny beam of love and light during my early EQ years. I made stupid mistakes. I own them. Not saying she was as much of a dumbass as I was, but we all change and grow. We've been around for a long-ass time. Hell, Garrdor was what? 14? 15? When he first started playing EQ? Now he's a grown up. I bet he's even had sex, too.
Yeah I was like barely 14 when EQ came out.

Sex? What's that? :cry:

*foreveralone*
Didn't your mama ever tell you not to tango with a carrot?

Ariannda Kusanagi
WTB New Title

Post by Ariannda Kusanagi » Wed Apr 11, 2012 3:24 pm

I dont think she vowed never to post again, she just said she couldn't post because she couldn't access her password... and ive hardly been the psycho one around lately
Ariannda, in every game its Ariannda !
Babymage !©
Arch Magus of 70 long ass seasons - RETIRED
Battle tag Ariannda #1491

We know what happens to people who stay in the middle of the road. They get run over.