Raize wonders...

91.3% uncensored free-for-all (see, no false advertising here)
Raize Na'ir Al'Saif
Fellow n00b

Raize wonders...

Post by Raize Na'ir Al'Saif » Thu Mar 08, 2012 3:38 pm

..who remembers me?! I know Harlowe/Allu will! Also played as Sulareis. I see some familiar names hanging out here. Seems like a lot of Evo folks still kicking! I saw Toof's post, it's just weird seeing all those names from the past. Really miss EQ sometimes.

Anyway, Hey peoples! PLaying RIFT atm and enjoying that. In a guild that really reminds me of the old EQ days when a guild was so much more than what it is today. They've been around longer than even UO so it's nice to have a solid group of people like that. I guess that's what triggered my EQ nostalgia. SO surprised to see you folks here! :bigsmurf:

Harlowe
Nubile nuptaphobics ftw

Re: Raize wonders...

Post by Harlowe » Thu Mar 08, 2012 3:59 pm

Oh hey you! I had a hard time getting into Rift, but have been/and still am obsessed with Skyrim, but really want to give Free's EQ server or free EQ when I'm done with this.

Raize Na'ir Al'Saif
Fellow n00b

Post by Raize Na'ir Al'Saif » Thu Mar 08, 2012 5:18 pm

Hey! I avoided Skyrim, it seemed like an MMO without the people to me. If I am going to invest that much time into something I think I want it to be with other people! Free EQ looks tempting but also daunting. I think the last time I logged in was during Luclin. There have been what? 50 xpacs since then? :lol:

Maybe I'll check it out if I know enough people are going to head back. It would be worth it just to hang out again. Good to see you, and with the same avatar after all this time! I had to restart an account I couldn't even remember what email my original Rants ID was under.

Alluveal
vagina boob

Post by Alluveal » Fri Mar 09, 2012 10:10 am

Hey you! I remember you! Wassup? I enjoyed Rift for a while, but just lost interest. Not sure I have a reason. Maybe life got too busy. I think about playing EQ again. But, right now I'm so busy I couldn't dedicate much time at all to it. :D

Harlowe
Nubile nuptaphobics ftw

Post by Harlowe » Fri Mar 09, 2012 10:49 am

If you didn't like Morrowind, you probably wouldn't enjoy it, but I loved Morrowind and this is even better visually. I also love that there is a very active modding community. It has far, far better quests/storyline than most MMO's, because it's an immersive RPG. I can see missing the people component, but generally when I'm playing this, I'm right next to someone who is also playing this or some other game, so it's not lonely.

We played P99 for a bit, but it's really hard to invest the kind of time you need to level to get to the areas you really enjoy. I liked EQ2 as well, but it didn't hold my interest when everything was made so super convenient for you, esp the guild halls.

Raize Na'ir Al'Saif
Fellow n00b

Post by Raize Na'ir Al'Saif » Fri Mar 09, 2012 11:25 am

Hey Allu! Sorry you didn't like RIFT - I played it from beta and left after about 2 months in, only returned last month because I was missing the MMO experience. Got a beta key for TERA for this weekend, going to try that out. I heard you had a wee addition to your family a while back - congratulations and I hope all is well there.

Harlowe I did try Morrowwind but I just couldn't get into it either. I really don't know why because that was the type of game I used to lose myself in when I was younger. I think newer games have ruined me, I've become the "I need instant gratification!" guy. Ok maybe not that bad but I find I do lack a lot of the patience that you had to have in EQ etc. Naida really only enjoys MMO's so she usually doesn't get into the console thing.

I did play LA Noire recently and that was a ton of fun. Outside of that I've been debating whether I am going to pick up my copy of FF XIII - 2 from the game store. It's paid for but the first part was a bit of a let down and the whole time travel thing seems like a great way to re-use stuff to keep the game going. I think I will pass on it. Hoping TERA holds some interest, if anything the combat system is at least different.

Hope some people try the free EQ on the 16th. Anyone know if you can download it ahead of time? Do you still need to buy the game itself? I haven't looked much into it yet.

Alluveal
vagina boob

Post by Alluveal » Fri Mar 09, 2012 5:49 pm

Ya know, it's not that I didn't like Rift, I just felt like I wasn't investing in the magic of the realm and moving through just to level. It felt like another version of WoW in a sense. I think I'm just jaded on MMOs for now. :)