Economic Stimulus

91.3% uncensored free-for-all (see, no false advertising here)
Taxious
Rum Guzzler

Economic Stimulus

Post by Taxious » Wed Mar 19, 2008 9:56 am

I'm surprised that I couldn't find a thread on this already. What does everyone think?

I'm a little :? because I'm on my last year of official dependency to my parents and I don't get the $$.
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipisicing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua.

Klast Brell
Sublime Prince of teh Royal Sekrut Strat

Re: Economic Stimulus

Post by Klast Brell » Wed Mar 19, 2008 10:03 am

You may have to go through some special steps. In general if you paid taxes last year you should be on the list.
REad over this for more detailed information http://www.irs.gov/newsroom/article/0,, ... 37,00.html
"A few months ago, I told the American people I did not trade arms for hostages. My heart and best intentions still tell me that's true, but the facts and evidence tell me it is not." - Ronald Reagan 1987

Partha
Reading is fundamental!!!1!!

Post by Partha » Wed Mar 19, 2008 10:28 am

I think I'm going to donate the entire thing to Obama's campaign.
Well, it’s the Super-Monroe Doctrine: “Get off our oil, people who dress funny!” - M. Bouffant

"You're a bad captain, Zarde. People like you only learn by being touched, and hard. And you will greatly disapprove of where these men put their hands." - M. Vanderbeam.

Taxious
Rum Guzzler

Post by Taxious » Wed Mar 19, 2008 11:48 am

Klast Brell wrote:You may have to go through some special steps. In general if you paid taxes last year you should be on the list.
REad over this for more detailed information http://www.irs.gov/newsroom/article/0,, ... 37,00.html
From: http://www.irs.gov/newsroom/article/0,, ... 81,00.html
The IRS wrote:Q: I know some people won’t get a stimulus payment. How do I know if I’m one of them?
A: You won’t get a stimulus payment in 2008, if any of the following apply to you:

You don’t file a 2007 tax return.
Your net income tax liability is zero and your qualifying income is less than $3,000. To determine your qualifying income, add together your wages, net self-employment income, nontaxable combat pay, Social Security benefits, certain Railroad Retirement benefits and certain veterans’ payments.
You can be claimed as a dependent on someone else’s return. For example, this would include a child or student who can be claimed on a parent’s return.
You do not have a valid Social Security Number.
You are a nonresident alien.
You file Form 1040NR or Form 1040NR-EZ, Form 1040PR or Form 1040SS for 2007.
QQ
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipisicing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua.

Alluveal
vagina boob

Post by Alluveal » Wed Mar 19, 2008 12:14 pm

I'm going to WALMART so I can help CHINA!

ok, seriously. We've paid off all our debt (cept for my student loans, which won't be paid forever anyway,) but we're using ours on a car.

hmm, tell your folks to give you $300 then. =)

Embar Angylwrath
President: Rsak Fan Club

Post by Embar Angylwrath » Wed Mar 19, 2008 12:43 pm

Partha wrote:I think I'm going to donate the entire thing to Obama's campaign.
Me too, because if Obama wins the nomination, McCain will be president.
Correction Mr. President, I DID build this, and please give Lurker a hug, we wouldn't want to damage his self-esteem.

Embar
Alarius

Mukik
Knight of the East & West

Post by Mukik » Wed Mar 19, 2008 1:53 pm

why vote for a guy that has one foot in the grave and another on a banana peel?

Harlowe
Nubile nuptaphobics ftw

Post by Harlowe » Wed Mar 19, 2008 2:34 pm

If Hillary gets the nod, McCain will be president. If Obama does? I wouldn't be so sure about that.

Taxious
Rum Guzzler

Post by Taxious » Wed Mar 19, 2008 2:47 pm

Lulu, can we cruise Denver in your $300 car?

It seems like they would want young dependents to get the stimulus, seeing as we have a habit for buying useless shit.

Embar Angylwrath

Post by Embar Angylwrath » Wed Mar 19, 2008 2:54 pm

Obama can't carry enough white men. Sad to say, but its true. With registered Democrats, he'll carry the black vote, the youth vote, the labor vote, and most of the female vote. He'll split the hispanic vote, the elderly vote and the a lot of the southern whites.

I think there will be just enough cross-over voting (or no voting) in large states for McCain to swing enough electoral votes to win.

And really, I think McCain is pretty much a lock if either Obama or Hillary wins the nomination. The Party is fractured and polarized, and both candidates are making arguments essentially telling voters that McCain is a better choice than either of them. How does Hillary retreat from saying she and McCain have the experience needed to handle the call on the spooky red phone, but Obama doesn't? If Obama wins the nomination, McCain can just point to that statement and say "Hell, if a Democratic Senator and other party elite don't trust him to handle the tough call, why should the average voter?"

Hillary has made a lot of smoke about "experience". About how this about putting a doer in the oval office, not a dreamer. Well.. McCain has LOADS of experience over either one of them. She shot herself (and Obama, and the whole Dem party) with that strategy.

I will say, I cackle with glee everytime she opens her megalomaniacal mouth, because all she does is continue to fracture her party, and ruin the best chance the Dems had of seizing the White House. Hell.. they are competing against all the stink of the Bush legacy. It was their election to lose, and goddam if they didn't find a way to do it.

Another thing... if any of the party elite had some sack, they'd put a full court press on one of the candidates to drop out, and maybe save some chance of winning the election. But no.. they just sit on the sidelines and wring their hands, and start planning for a run in 2016. Its been a fiasco for the party so far. They've alienated voters in Michigan and Florida (not entirely the party's fault, but they get the blowback from it), they let Lucifer, I mean Hillary, split the party when there is no way she can overtake Obama in a delegate race, and they've not sent a strong signal that the superdelegates would be most inclined to follow the will of the voters, as indicated by the delegate count.

Someone within the party needs to stand up and say enough, and work actively and openly to end this, if they want to preserve the party.
Correction Mr. President, I DID build this, and please give Lurker a hug, we wouldn't want to damage his self-esteem.

Embar
Alarius

Rsak
Soverign Grand Postmaster General

Post by Rsak » Wed Mar 19, 2008 3:22 pm

I laugh when she brings up experience since she never even had a security clearance as first lady.

Mukik
Knight of the East & West

Post by Mukik » Wed Mar 19, 2008 6:51 pm

The only way mccain will win is by getting the attention of the middle class. So far, obama has this middle class white man's attention. Tax breaks need to come to the middle class, or theres not going to be one. He understands we make a buffer for his high end class and the dirt poor. The powers that be do not want the general american public to be willing enough to turn to a more radical form of government in the next 4 years.

Minute

Post by Minute » Thu Mar 20, 2008 5:08 am

Hey Embar, care to put some money up on that? My prediction is not only will Obama get the democratic nomination but he's going to win the presidency as well. I base this on 2 things. 1. His ability to talk his way out of anything. 2. The Republicans fucking shit up so bad the last 8 years that there is NO WAY they will get back into office.

The terms would have to include the clause of him NOT getting assassinated though... cause their's still a very good chance of that.

Still I say we start treating the presidency like the super bowl.
Fallakin Kuvari wrote:Because laws that require voters to have an ID (Something they are required to have anyway) are bad.... :roll:

GINLAAN
Intimate Sexretary

Post by GINLAAN » Thu Mar 20, 2008 7:01 am

Going to buy a 1/2 pound of pot, that should help the economy.
- Ginlaan -

Klast Brell

Post by Klast Brell » Thu Mar 20, 2008 7:53 am

Embar Angylwrath wrote:Obama can't carry enough white men. Sad to say, but its true.
The kind of white men who would refuse to vote for a man just because he is black are all republican anyway.
"A few months ago, I told the American people I did not trade arms for hostages. My heart and best intentions still tell me that's true, but the facts and evidence tell me it is not." - Ronald Reagan 1987

Ariannda Kusanagi
WTB New Title

Post by Ariannda Kusanagi » Thu Mar 20, 2008 8:05 am

Klast Brell wrote:
Embar Angylwrath wrote:Obama can't carry enough white men. Sad to say, but its true.
The kind of white men who would refuse to vote for a man just because he is black are all republican anyway.
Sorry but I couldn't agree more.
Ariannda, in every game its Ariannda !
Babymage !©
Arch Magus of 70 long ass seasons - RETIRED
Battle tag Ariannda #1491

We know what happens to people who stay in the middle of the road. They get run over.

Embar Angylwrath

Post by Embar Angylwrath » Thu Mar 20, 2008 9:03 am

Minute wrote:Hey Embar, care to put some money up on that? My prediction is not only will Obama get the democratic nomination but he's going to win the presidency as well. I base this on 2 things. 1. His ability to talk his way out of anything. 2. The Republicans fucking shit up so bad the last 8 years that there is NO WAY they will get back into office.

The terms would have to include the clause of him NOT getting assassinated though... cause their's still a very good chance of that.

Still I say we start treating the presidency like the super bowl.
I'm willing to put a hundred on that bet. Bet is off if Obama gets assassinated. Bet is also off if McCain drops dead before the swearing in, or starts to go senile, or develops Alzheimers.

Embar
Alarius

Finglefinn
Prince of teh Taberknuckle

Post by Finglefinn » Thu Mar 20, 2008 9:47 am

GINLAAN wrote:Going to buy a 1/2 pound of pot, that should help the economy.
1/2 lb? Lightweight!
Finglefinn

Klast Brell

Post by Klast Brell » Thu Mar 20, 2008 9:59 am

Since when can you buy 1/2 a pound of pot for $300. Maybe 40 years ago.

Taxious
Rum Guzzler

Post by Taxious » Thu Mar 20, 2008 10:46 am

Klast Brell wrote:
/agree