Health things that are not aging.

91.3% uncensored free-for-all (see, no false advertising here)
Select
VP: Rsak Fan Club

Health things that are not aging.

Post by Select » Tue Jan 29, 2008 11:24 am

So I had asked the nurse practitioner about this when I went and all I got was a "Hm, that's weird."
I had been getting a weird numbing sensation all along my right side of my torso and hips. It felt like pins and needles but more dulled. It didn't hurt... but I felt the same kind of sensation. It felt that way to any kind of touch, even my clothes. I felt like I wasn't 'feeling' properly. It went away after about a week.

It's back again, but this time in my left foot. My whole foot feels pins and needles and I can barely move it. It takes a lot of concentration to move my toes, and at that point they barely wiggle. I move them manually and they kind of flop around without much resistance =\ I tried massaging it and feeling around the foot, but I didn't notice anything. All I'm getting is the never ending pins and needles sensation. I'm having trouble walking because it feels like I don't have control over my foot. It's like a dead weight and it's been like this for two days+. As far as I know, no outside source cut off my circulation. (I don't think it could since it was my whole right torso before)

A medical professional didn't really take it seriously, but it's back and worse again. =\ I am *this* close to going to the hospital, but I have no transportation or money. My insurance also barely covers anything in GA since it's Northeast based. Do you guys have any idea what the hell this could be? The soonest I could likely beg a ride to the hospital from a friend is this weekend =\

All my tests said my blood pressure, the basics, etc. were 'perfect' from the previous visit. This is really freaking me out >.< I guess I'm hoping to hear an "Oh, it's happened to me before. Saw a doctor and it was taken care of."

superwalrus
kNight of the Sun (oxymoron)

Re: Health things that are not aging.

Post by superwalrus » Tue Jan 29, 2008 12:21 pm

sounds like AIDS.

Can I have your stuff?

Walrus

Garrdor
Damnit Jim!

Post by Garrdor » Tue Jan 29, 2008 12:32 pm

It could be one of many different neurological disorders.

Can I have your stuff?
Didn't your mama ever tell you not to tango with a carrot?

Tarfang_Trubasher
Mastah Elect of 9

Post by Tarfang_Trubasher » Tue Jan 29, 2008 1:13 pm

Do you take any vitamins currently, as a daily regiment?

Numbness or "dull feeling" in areas can be a sign of poor blood circulation, or thick/clotty blood (thus the "moving around" of the symptom). A vitamin-B complex supplement might be a fairly cheap thing to try. Also, how much water do you consume versus caffeinated beverages?

-TF
Tarfang Trubasher
Master Basher of the Trollie Kind

Embar Angylwrath
President: Rsak Fan Club

Post by Embar Angylwrath » Tue Jan 29, 2008 1:41 pm

Correction Mr. President, I DID build this, and please give Lurker a hug, we wouldn't want to damage his self-esteem.

Embar
Alarius

Minute
Sublime Prince of teh Royal Sekrut Strat

Post by Minute » Tue Jan 29, 2008 1:54 pm

Tarfang took the words right out of my mouth. /agree 100% Might also try lemon juice or, if it's your thing, a glass of red wine a day. Helps with blood circulation.

Hey wait a second "I have no transportation or money" wtf? You aren't poor. How the hell do you not have a car? I thought your dad was some asshole lawyer or something? Tell that cheap fuck to buy you a car!
Fallakin Kuvari wrote:Because laws that require voters to have an ID (Something they are required to have anyway) are bad.... :roll:

Finglefinn
Prince of teh Taberknuckle

Post by Finglefinn » Tue Jan 29, 2008 4:03 pm

Select wrote:I guess I'm hoping to hear an "Oh, it's happened to me before. Saw a doctor and it was taken care of."
I wouldn't rely on this board for that kind of "feel good" response, Select.
Finglefinn

Kulaf
Soverign Grand Postmaster General

Post by Kulaf » Tue Jan 29, 2008 5:03 pm

When you experience the "tingling" is the area sensitive to temperature? If you press an ice cube against your foot for instance does it feel cold? Also, do the symptoms hit right after you have exercised?

Not to make you panic or anything but you might want to research the early symptoms of MS and talk to a doctor.

Taxious
Rum Guzzler

Post by Taxious » Tue Jan 29, 2008 5:25 pm

Yeah, how do you not have money? I remember you making some "I want to fly an airplane..." post and then uploading pictures of it happening not four months later. I'm not sure how expensive that is, but it can't be cheap.

Just play the safe card and keep making doctors visits until you find out what it is.
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipisicing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua.

Select
VP: Rsak Fan Club

Post by Select » Tue Jan 29, 2008 7:26 pm

No daily vitamin. Just fish oil which isn't it. It wouldn't hurt to start taking one.

I actually didn't exercise last week. It was put off because of all-nighters and getting sick -both my gym buddy and I. I don't feel any different after I do exercise. This just came up out of nowhere. I can feel the cold, but I also felt the pins more sharply when I pressed the cold can against it.

I don't have much money. I make minimum wage. I was planning on flying after college when I had a decent paying job. The only reason I got to fly early was my dad's barber was a pilot and had taught young people how to fly. They did it for me as a present so I could see if I actually liked it. I don't have a car because I don't have a car. I don't expect my parents to afford a car for me. I walk where I need to and take the school's shuttles to class. I can try the city buses or a nice friend once I find a doctor.

Ddrak
Save a Koala, deport an Australian

Post by Ddrak » Tue Jan 29, 2008 8:10 pm

Could be leprosy?

Dd

Fobbon Lazyfoot
Grand Inspector Inquisitor Commander

Post by Fobbon Lazyfoot » Wed Jan 30, 2008 1:01 am

Paging Dr. House.....paging Dr. House....
I like posting.

Klast Brell

Post by Klast Brell » Wed Jan 30, 2008 9:06 am

Disclaimer: I am not a doctor.

My first thought is poor circulation as well. But really what we are talking about here is nerves that are not working as they should. Poor blood supply would do it, but so would other things. I get the same sensations when anesthetic is wearing off and there is interference with blood supply then. Honestly I would try a different doctor until you get one who can give you a reasonable explanation about why this is happening.

Just to make you paranoid here is a list of possible causes from the NIH http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency ... 003206.htm
"A few months ago, I told the American people I did not trade arms for hostages. My heart and best intentions still tell me that's true, but the facts and evidence tell me it is not." - Ronald Reagan 1987

Garrdor
Damnit Jim!

Post by Garrdor » Wed Jan 30, 2008 10:15 am

You have worrytoomuchism
Didn't your mama ever tell you not to tango with a carrot?

Bahd Zoolander

Post by Bahd Zoolander » Wed Jan 30, 2008 10:50 am

Fobbon Lazyfoot wrote:Paging Dr. House.....paging Dr. House....
That's what I was thinking. He'd have her bleeding out her eyes in no time.
Bahd Zoolander - Transcendent - On Vacation

Riggen
kNight of the Sun (oxymoron)

Post by Riggen » Wed Jan 30, 2008 11:50 am

Diabetes can cause symptoms like that.
EQ: Riggen Silverpaws * Natureguard * Forever of Veteran Crew
WoW: Simbuk the Kingslayer, Riggen, Ashnok

Embar Angylwrath
President: Rsak Fan Club

Post by Embar Angylwrath » Wed Jan 30, 2008 1:34 pm

Klast Brell wrote:Disclaimer: I am not a doctor.
Had you not said that, none of us would have known.
Correction Mr. President, I DID build this, and please give Lurker a hug, we wouldn't want to damage his self-esteem.

Embar
Alarius

Xican

Post by Xican » Wed Jan 30, 2008 1:36 pm

My mom described similar symptoms when she was dianosed with Multiple Sclerosis. I just figured God was striking her down for being a nigger, though.
"If beer has never touched your lips, you've never dropped the mitts or packed a dip, chances are you're not a hockey player, and if you are -- chances are you're not a very good one"
-Todd Bertuzzi

Finglefinn
Prince of teh Taberknuckle

Post by Finglefinn » Wed Jan 30, 2008 6:22 pm

Xican wrote:I just figured God was striking her down for being a nigger, though.
Thank you, Mr. Sharpton.
Finglefinn

Klast Brell

Post by Klast Brell » Wed Jan 30, 2008 10:19 pm

Embar Angylwrath wrote:
Klast Brell wrote:Disclaimer: I am not a doctor.
Had you not said that, none of us would have known.
I just wanted to point out the expertise of all the other people in this thread. :P