Dip Anyone?

91.3% uncensored free-for-all (see, no false advertising here)
Xican
Grand Inspector Inquisitor Commander

Dip Anyone?

Post by Xican » Sat Aug 11, 2007 1:20 am

Just out of curiousity... Does anyone else on the board dip? That is, pack a lip, dip, chaw, chew... Whatever the fuck you want to call it.

Chewing tobacco. It might just be that I'm hammered and enjoying possibly the greatest dip in my lifetime, but I thought I'd throw it out there. I know it is typically a sport-fuelled addiction, but I figure, hell some of you play baseball, right?

Tell me I'm not alone in this oh-so disgusting habbit of mine.

EDIT: How do I turn off the fucking smilies on the new board? That should read 'disgusting' habbit.
"If beer has never touched your lips, you've never dropped the mitts or packed a dip, chances are you're not a hockey player, and if you are -- chances are you're not a very good one"
-Todd Bertuzzi

Fallakin Kuvari
Rabid-Boy

Re: Dip Anyone?

Post by Fallakin Kuvari » Sat Aug 11, 2007 8:13 am

I only tried it once during Drivers Ed. Gave a nice buzz, but wasn't that great overall... weed did the job better at the time.

Under the field where you type theres an options menu with checkboxes, one of them is Disable smilies.
Warlord Fallakin Kuvari - 85 Wood Elf Warrior, Brell Serilis forever.
Grandmaster Nikallaf Kuvari - 70 Iksar Monk.

Garrdor
Damnit Jim!

Post by Garrdor » Sat Aug 11, 2007 11:38 am

Thats fucking sick.
Didn't your mama ever tell you not to tango with a carrot?

Falundir X`Viento
Knight of the Rose Croix (zomg French)

Post by Falundir X`Viento » Sat Aug 11, 2007 12:39 pm

I went from smoking, to skoal, to smoking, to quit in my cycle. Basically when I did the skoal it was when I was playing online games and didn't want to stop the group to go for a smoke heh. Glad I quit all of that when I did, dentist says a year or two more and I probably would of had cancer.

RAISTLE LOL
3Lekt of Fift33n

Post by RAISTLE LOL » Sun Aug 12, 2007 12:17 am

tried chewing for a while but smoking is just more my thing, it's so much more enjoyable
hi my names raistle and i used to play games on the internet!

Xican

Post by Xican » Sun Aug 12, 2007 12:31 am

See, I don't smoke. Whether it be weed, or smokes. So, I really can't compare. I got into dipping more as a 'peer group' thing. A tin was passed around my first year of junior hockey, and you really don't want to be the first guy to say 'no' in that atmosphere. Especially if you're a rookie, because it means at the rookie party you're going to get it extra hard.

How often/much were you chewing when the dentist said that, Fal? I typically take small/average sized pinches and probably chew about 3 times a week, give or take. I've had a few skin grafts in that area already (all from injuries, not chew related) and I'm wondering just how much damage I'm doing to myself.
"If beer has never touched your lips, you've never dropped the mitts or packed a dip, chances are you're not a hockey player, and if you are -- chances are you're not a very good one"
-Todd Bertuzzi

Kulaf
Soverign Grand Postmaster General

Post by Kulaf » Sun Aug 12, 2007 1:25 am

Ever see someone with oral cancer? Having a lung removed from smoking is one thing.....having your lower jaw removed is another.

http://www.google.com/search?q=oral+can ... lz=1I7ADBS

Falundir X`Viento
Knight of the Rose Croix (zomg French)

Post by Falundir X`Viento » Sun Aug 12, 2007 10:29 am

Using basically a can a day, and considering you can keep it in for up to an hour.... that is alot of damage.
I would say I was on skoal for about 3 years before I quit. It doesn't take long to screw up your mouth on it.

Mukik
Knight of the East & West

Post by Mukik » Sun Aug 12, 2007 7:58 pm

I dipped in highschool and once in a while with the old man when he chewed. The father was more of a leaf tobbacco kinda chewer. As for damage? I think everyone is different. My grandfather quit smoking after heart attack number one. (50's) He went to skoal (never spit it out, gutted it) for 15-20 years till heart attack number 2. he quit it all and died like 5 years later @ 84 from the third one.
I know he brushed his teeth alot.

Xican

Post by Xican » Sun Aug 12, 2007 8:10 pm

See... I quit for a year, because I was out of hockey with an injury for most of the season. It just wasn't something I did outside of hockey, so I stopped altogether for a good year. Then, Skoal decides to come out with Citrus flavour and I happen to play hockey with a buddy who is a very big fan of said product. Of course, he convinces me to try a pinch and I'm hooked once more.

I'd say I go through about a tin a week. Maybe a little less. Does this seem reasonably safe/lowkey compared to most? I like my jaw, for the most part.
-Todd Bertuzzi

Saevrok
Knight of St. Burzlaff

Post by Saevrok » Mon Aug 13, 2007 6:32 am

Thats like asking if eating cyanide is ok if you only do it every other week.
Energy is neither created or destroyed, so it is fairly safe to assume the particles that make up your body will exist forever. We are all eternal.

Finglefinn
Prince of teh Taberknuckle

Post by Finglefinn » Mon Aug 13, 2007 11:46 am

I've got the best dip story evah:

So I was like 15 playing junior legion baseball. Some of my fellow players starting chewing around this time, so I figured I'd give it a try. So I take a really small dip right before going up to bat. I hit a double and get to second base with no problem. About that time, my lip really starts to tingle and I'm a little irritated, but I can't just unload it right there in the middle of the diamond since everyone would see. I don't know what to do at this point.

So a few pitches later a steal third and I accidently swallow the dip. Now I'm really getting sick. And it seems like the inning is taking forever. The two guys behind me get walked. At this point I probably looked really green because I turned to the third base coach and he asks me if I'm ok. I probably didn't say much because I immediately dropped to my knees and puked all over the third base coach box grass.

I felt much better after that. My coaches all came out to see me as did the umpires, but I blew it off and said I could stay in, it was just my stomach was a little upset. They had no idea what really happened.
Finglefinn

Partha
Reading is fundamental!!!1!!

Post by Partha » Mon Aug 13, 2007 11:47 am

Dip is aptly named.
Well, it’s the Super-Monroe Doctrine: “Get off our oil, people who dress funny!” - M. Bouffant

"You're a bad captain, Zarde. People like you only learn by being touched, and hard. And you will greatly disapprove of where these men put their hands." - M. Vanderbeam.

-=Xilanthanax=-

Post by -=Xilanthanax=- » Mon Aug 13, 2007 1:58 pm

Smoking, dipping, chewing, bong hits, and anything else related to smoking is fucking disgusting.
Make love? Fuck that, I'll make a slut cry. Fuck that, I'll make a slut cum nine times.

Hed PE - CBC (acoustic, live on Bubba The Love Sponge)
Hed PE - Let's Ride (live)
Skindred - Pressure (acoustic, live on Fuse)
Sevendust - Alpha (live)
Massive Attack - Teardrop (live)

Still playin eq, and waitin for Hellgate: London. 8)

Turaylon Soulshadow
Finder of lost things

Post by Turaylon Soulshadow » Tue Aug 14, 2007 11:35 am

Dip is awesome when yer in a movie theater and don't want to leave to go have a cigarette. Also pretty good when yer at a club/bar that has no re-entry and doesn't have a smoking section outside.
I'd like to see things from your point of view but I can't get my head that far up my ass.

Bahd Zoolander

Post by Bahd Zoolander » Tue Aug 14, 2007 10:08 pm

-=Xilanthanax=- wrote:Smoking, dipping, chewing, bong hits, and anything else related to smoking is fucking disgusting.
You are certainly an established expert on disgusting. After all, you were banging Select. Dude, one slip and you could lose an eye or a nut to that beak.
Bahd Zoolander - Transcendent - On Vacation

Embar Angylwrath
President: Rsak Fan Club

Post by Embar Angylwrath » Wed Aug 15, 2007 10:03 am

Bahd wins.
Correction Mr. President, I DID build this, and please give Lurker a hug, we wouldn't want to damage his self-esteem.

Embar
Alarius

Fallakin Kuvari
Rabid-Boy

Post by Fallakin Kuvari » Wed Aug 15, 2007 11:27 am

Only Anonymous wins on teh internets.
Warlord Fallakin Kuvari - 85 Wood Elf Warrior, Brell Serilis forever.
Grandmaster Nikallaf Kuvari - 70 Iksar Monk.

Garrdor
Damnit Jim!

Post by Garrdor » Wed Sep 12, 2007 4:48 pm

MOUTH CANCER....

DO NOT WANT PLOX
Didn't your mama ever tell you not to tango with a carrot?

Hakthek
Master ad V1t4m

Post by Hakthek » Thu Sep 13, 2007 5:12 am

Someone is post count farming.